• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Would you buy an INDY pass again?

Would you buy an Indy pass again?

• Yes

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • No

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Haven't bought one before, but am definitely interested.

Votes: 10 55.6%

• Total voters

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I've seen a poll like this in a Facebook group I frequent, so I'm wondering how the Divas would respond. What do you think: if you bought an Indy pass before, would you buy it again?

shadoj

Angel Diva
I'm about 95% sure I'll be trying out the Indy Pass for the first time next year -- gives me more excuses to explore the midwest and hopefully meet up with a few of you lovely divas :smile:

yogiskier

Angel Diva
Well, I'm the first vote for Yes :smile:

I bought it last fall, I think in 4 payments of $50, and undoubtedly got my money's worth. Me being in the Boston area, it being COVID, and me not having a home mountain, I used it 9 times!! I did it all in day trips except one - driving from 1:20 to 2:20 hours, one-way. Pats Peak is not super tall, but has great mountain views. I appreciated visiting Berkshire East and Catamount in my home state. Mohawk in CT was meh (but I combined the trip with visiting a friend who lives near there). My last day was to Waterville Valley after it was recently added and I enjoyed that a lot. My plan was to also go to Cannon this year, but it happens every year - after the snow is gone at home, all sorts of spring tasks take over, cold-fearing friends re-emerge asking if I want to go hiking, and my obsession over skiing just seems...to melt.

However, after several years of trying out many different mountains in the Northeast, I'm exhausted from all of the exploring and ready for a home base. I'll probably be posting questions in a couple of months asking about condo shares and following the EPIC and IKON threads!

Ski Sine Fine

Angel Diva
I guess I’m the first NO vote. The mountains closest to me on the Indy Pass are Massanutten, Bryce, and Canaan Valley. I have no desire to go to Bryce again. Canaan Valley is a bit far and it has a very good military rate mid-week. Massanutten I’d definitely go back but I might pick up another Special Value pass. Or just do 4-hr tickets at the military rate for 2 - 3 mid-week lessons. I found a really good instructor at Massanutten (thanks @marzNC !) and I want to have more lessons with him.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I've enjoyed checking out the Indy locations in the southeast. Especially that led to making friends with a new Diva at Cataloochee. For me, as long as I get in 4-5 days it's worth supporting Indy and the small hills within driving distance of my house. I'd like to see what Winterplace is like since I haven't been there is a while.

I used Indy at Cataloochee (Diva day), Bryce, and Canaan Valley (first time). Since I had a Massanutten season pass, Indy was only $129. It was worthwhile for me.

geargrrl

Angel Diva
We are so in on this. It's perfect for us. We have a real love/hate relationship with big resorts (mostly hate). The pass will cover three areas in my home turf, plus many more within a 5 hour radius. What's not to love about that? 49, Silver, Lookout, Lost Trail, Brundage, Tamarack, Mission Ridge, White Pass.... and that's just for starters.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I understand they're announcing new resorts on April 27, and passes will be on sale "soon," rather than Sept. 1, as in past years.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I wonder why they don't do it earlier like everyone else? I'd think they would want theirs out there when people are considering their purchases overall. Usually the Indy is so cheap that perhaps it doesn't matter as much, but still interesting that they hold it back so long.

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Apparently Montage tried to get on the Indy Pass for next season, but Shawnee (another local hill) is already on it and they have restrictions regarding multiple mountains in the same area so it was a no go.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Indy Pass just sent an email suggesting that prices may rise a bit when they announce the 2021-22 lineup on 4/27.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Indy Pass just sent an email suggesting that prices may rise a bit when they announce the 2021-22 lineup on 4/27.

Define “a bit” :hurt:

Hmm if it’s too much more I’m not sure if I’ll bother since I only know for certain that I’ll use it at Saddleback next season.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I wonder why they don't do it earlier like everyone else? I'd think they would want theirs out there when people are considering their purchases overall. Usually the Indy is so cheap that perhaps it doesn't matter as much, but still interesting that they hold it back so long.
Guess they heard you . . . on sale now for at least a few weeks. Price is $279 or $189 as an Add-on for resorts that have that option for season passholders.

https://www.indyskipass.com

New mountains are West Mountain in NY, Mt. Ashland in OR, and Powder Mountain in UT. I might be figuring out how to visit my good friends who live in southern OR near Ashland.

Screen Shot 2021-04-27 at 12.50.35 PM.png

MissySki

Angel Diva
Well, I don't think I'm going to be doing Indy after all with that price hike. Just doesn't make sense for me. I thought it'd be a nice to have since I plan to go to Saddleback, but those 2 days won't justify the price if I don't make it anywhere else on the pass next season.

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Apparently Montage tried to get on the Indy Pass for next season, but Shawnee (another local hill) is already on it and they have restrictions regarding multiple mountains in the same area so it was a no go.

That's unfortunate. The attraction of the pass for me is the fun of exploring mountains in my area that I might not otherwise visit.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Wow Cannon and Saddleback also have crazy blackouts. No holidays or weekends at all from mid January to mid March. That’s quite restrictive on top of the price bump. I’ve definitely decided not to get it this season after all.

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
I bought the Indy Pass last season, but I looked at the costs and found that the only places I'm likely to use it are possibley M’nut ($47/day for 65-69), and Cataloochie (65-69 receive the junior lift ticket rate of $35 anytime), so IDT it makes sense for me to buy an Indy pass this season.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yikes, that is quite a price jump. Also, there weren't any blackout dates before were there, when it was only $199? I think I remember that being one of the perks. An even bigger jump in price if you want no blackouts.

I would say no, I won't buy again, but they have me roped in. I didn't use my pass this year with all the travel restrictions. I figured no biggie, I'll get 80% credit for this year's pass. So now it is use it or lose it.

And to top things off, they now have a "service charge" when you check out. ??? They didn't want to make the pass look that much more expensive, so they add it in at the end?

MissySki

Angel Diva
Yikes, that is quite a price jump. Also, there weren't any blackout dates before were there, when it was only $199? I think I remember that being one of the perks. An even bigger jump in price if you want no blackouts.

I would say no, I won't buy again, but they have me roped in. I didn't use my pass this year with all the travel restrictions. I figured no biggie, I'll get 80% credit for this year's pass. So now it is use it or lose it.

And to top things off, they now have a "service charge" when you check out. ??? They didn't want to make the pass look that much more expensive, so they add it in at the end?

I didn’t look that far into it, how much is the service charge? That’s kind of shady.. Do any other passes have a service charge added to purchase?? I don’t remember ever having that be the case. They really should just add it into the full price, then you don’t feel like you’re being nickeled and dimed as much.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna