• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

World Cup ski racing 2015-16

Christy

Angel Diva
Anyone watching this year? @litterbug are you around? First races tomorrow on the glacier in Soelden! So many great ladies retired this year, Tina Maze is sitting out the year, Lindsay and Julia are skipping these first races due to injuries, and Anna Fenninger was just injured badly enough to end her season (at least. SUCH terrible news). So this year will be really different. But I'm excited to see what Mikaela can do, and excited to see Lindsay hopefully accumulate wins.

I so want to watch but we cut down our cable this year so we are sooooo limited.................

Jilly

Staff member
Well... with Dustin out....who cares...no, not really, but my interest really isn't there now....

alicie

Angel Diva
I usually watch the live ones but the women's wasn't live today (I think the cricket was on instead or maybe it was rugby I'm not sure) the condensed one is on at 3 today so it's getting recorded. The men's is getting recorded as its on at 8:15 (and the clocks are going back so I'm not sure what time it'll be). Didn't know Tina maze was skipping the year, clearly not been paying attention there, she's my favourite woman.

Who is the woman skier that wears the animal print helmet? Is that Maze or Fenninger? What other women are competing? Should we just give 1st place to Mikaela now?

alicie

Angel Diva
Who is the woman skier that wears the animal print helmet? Is that Maze or Fenninger? What other women are competing? Should we just give 1st place to Mikaela now?
There's plenty women just go to the fis ski website and it lists them all. 27 women finished the second run this morning. And you can't just give shiffrin first she has to earn it, she got second this morning in the gs. I think fenninger had a leopard print one in Sochi, I think a few others have different animal prints too.

I was being facetious about Mikaela. There are indeed lots of women ski racers out there so this will be a good opportunity for them to shine. That's right Fenninger was the one I was thinking of in Sochi. Wish I could watch todays races.

alicie

Angel Diva
I was being facetious about Mikaela. There are indeed lots of women ski racers out there so this will be a good opportunity for them to shine. That's right Fenninger was the one I was thinking of in Sochi. Wish I could watch todays races.
Oh, oops ,missed that. I'm glad sky have them on the basic sky channels rather than sky sports, so I can watch them.

No worries, its hard to tell when someone is joking when the words are read rather than spoken. Glad you get to watch the skiing.

Christy

Angel Diva
That was Anna Fenninger with her cheetah print. Cheetah conservation is her cause.

I won't put a spoiler in case someone who is interested hasn't watched, but it was nice to see that the course was in such good shape.

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@Christy, thanks for starting the thread. My mind has been elsewhere, but I'll check it out tonight. Last year it turned out that I mysteriously had access to most races on NBC Sports, so i only had to use my alternative method a few times. This year will be different because I'm either going to cancel cable altogether or cut it way back. Aside from racing the only things I can't get without my current package would be the European murder mysteries I've become hopelessy addicted to, so a British VOIP server might be in my immediate future...

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I wonder whether NBC Sports will pick up the world cup coverage. As for Universal Sports, good riddance; I've been pissed off at them ever since they stopped broadcasting and started jumping from one distribution model to another, making World Cup event access as pricey and difficult as possible.

Can you tell that I have an opinion?

i

We don't have much by way of cable these days. Just a handful of local channels. I rely heavily on netflix and hulu plus to catch me up on a lot of things. I miss out on a lot of sports n stuff :( @litterbug My friend is heavily into british cop type shows, murder mysteries n such and has recently started watching some european ones with subtitles. She gets all these I think on netflix streaming, not sure if you've tried that.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Somewhere, someone said the World Cup race videos can be viewed on the Universal Sports app. Haven't tried it yet myself.

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hmm, I thought I'd hunted around Hulu & Netflix, but that was a while ago. Time to check it out again.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna