• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Woodland trails anybody?

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm back to doing my summer trail running (and hiking). I have knee issues that I thought would keep me from running until surgery, but that got put off and lo-and-behold my knees got better on their own. This year I'm alternating hikes with runs to keep my knees happy. Here are some photos from a hike I did yesterday. These are singletrack woodland trails in New England. I may need to separate the images if they are too big to put into one post.

This trail goes by a swampy area occupied by beavers.
fullsizeoutput_ea9.jpeg
There are water crossings.
fullsizeoutput_e9f.jpeg
Somebody has been building tall cairns along the first part of this loop.artful cairn.jpeg
IMG_9632.JPG
One more. This person must be strong to hoist those big rocks up so high. Here's a short cairn. Nice touch with the tastefully placed moss.
IMG_9626.jpeg

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
More....
These bracken ferns think it's fall.
IMG_9619.jpeg
So does this red maple.
IMG_9620.jpeg
There are signs of beaver activity.
IMG_9646.jpeg
IMG_9645.jpeg
Here's an old water crossing. There's a mill damn, supposedly, here somewhere, accounting for this waterway.IMG_9639.jpeg
One more of the swamp. I love the swamp.
IMG_9628.jpeg

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
Gorgeous. I do miss the New England trail vibe but not the humidity that goes with it. :smile:

I've been doing a ton of hiking lately thanks to the new pup. Here's a few from around here.

A rare foggy morning with 2 very excited puppers:
trails1.jpg

More typical Boulder weather:
trails2.jpg

Sometimes there are cows. This is a rare no dogs allowed trail due to the possibility of cows:
trails3.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna