• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Women's ski camp reviews

Mistletoes

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Today was the last day of my season long women's program. I started the program 11 weeks ago skiing only one side of my small local hill and sticking primarily to greens and 2 blue runs. I can now comfortably ski the whole mountain (OK still avoid long bump runs). Most importantly I've learned how good skiing feels. We skied ice, sugar, mashed potatoes - one of the incentives to doing the program was knowing I would ski no matter what the conditions since I made a financial commitment.

On our final lesson today, our instructor gave us a "tool box" of tips to keep practicing. Specifically side slipping on steeps, skating and one footed turns on the flats.

One of our last runs was through a freestyle aerial park that was used for training by the Chinese Aerial Team and US Aerial Development Team. We went to the top of the run-out. I have no idea how steep this slope is but looking down you can barely see the hill. Our instructor took us to this run three times this season and the previous two I turned and went down an easier slope to the right. Knowing this would be my last chance, I didn't stop long at the top and allow myself to think about it. I committed and made my first turn then my second and holy $h**!!!! As soon as my skis hit the fall line I was flying, I started to panic but remembered to ride it out and stay down (don't stand up and panic!). Thankfully it's a very short run. I humbly approached my instructor and told him I knew I almost lost it. He replied, you know that guy in the red jacket behind you? He's an instructor and you made more turns than he did :thumb:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna