• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Women's Clinics

marzNC

Angel Diva
Welcome! Good for you to want to explore a bit more.

Are you looking to ski more locally or on trips flying out of Chicago? My BIL lives in Park Ridge so I have some idea of the local hills available. At the same time, I've met plenty of seniors on ski club trips from the midwest having a great time for a week at Taos that includes lessons in a group Ski Week.

Have you ever heard of a Taos Ski Week? The founder of Taos Ski Valley, Ernie Blake, used to go to Chicago to talk people into taking the ski train for an all-inclusive ski vacation at TSV back in the 1960s.

marzNC

Angel Diva
The ski buddy of the Diva who wrote up this Taos trip report was over 50. Eunice was skiing Taos greens when she started the first Ski Week. By the next season, she was having good fun on Taos blues during her second Ski Week. She'd been skiing greens and easy blues out west on family trips for a few decades.

newboots

Angel Diva
Hello, @IKam ! So glad to have you here! I am 68, and starting this transition (carefully) myself.

Taos ski weeks have an amazing reputation for rapid improvement. There’s an outfit out West called Bumps for Boomers (that teaches more than just bumps ).

Okemo in Vermont has an annual Women’s Clinic that many Divas have loved. There’s a two-day and a 3-day version.

Others will add their thoughts. I mostly wanted to say we’re glad to have you!

:welcome:

Bookworm

Angel Diva
Welcome, @IKam I am near Chicago as well - near western burbs. I have been to the Taos Women's Ski week once, in 2019 and I absolutely loved it. It's the best deal out there. I'm going back to Taos in February, though not for the Women's Week because of scheduling. I also did a women's ski clinic at Alta - more expensive and for intermediates - and it made a huge difference for me.
Anyway, this is an awesome group of skiing women. Glad you found us.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Gee, I really feel included by you all. I'm checking out some of these recommendations. Just want to be sure that the clinics are right for my age group.
Bumps for Boomers at Vail may be the only multi-day clinic that markets to seniors directly. Meaning people over 50.

What has happened for Taos Ski Weeks is that they are popular with ski clubs. For one of my Ski Weeks, my group was half people from a midwest ski club. Average age for the ski club members at Taos that week was probably around 70. The four people in my group were all over 65. We also had a man from the southeast who was 72.

In another Ski Week I did, there were three participants who were around 70. Two were women from Albuquerque who had been doing a Ski Week annually for about ten years. The other was a grandfather from Texas who was there for an annual family ski vacation with his son's family, including a grandson who was about six.

Age is not really the important factor. Getting matched up with people of similar ability and interest is more important whether the others are in their 30s, 40s, 50s, are have been retired for a decade or two.

newboots

Angel Diva
Gee, I really feel included by you all. I'm checking out some of these recommendations. Just want to be sure that the clinics are right for my age group.

Check out their websites, and feel free to try to get on the phone with the director. Be prepared to tell them where you usually ski, how long you have skied, what sort of trail you're comfortable with (blue, wasn't it?), and what your goals are. Tell them your age after that!

newboots

Angel Diva
Wow! More programs than I thought!

alison wong

Angel Diva
Ski Liberty Mountain Resort, PA.
  • What: Morning Half Day Lesson
  • When: 8:30 AM - 12:00 PM
    • Session dates:
      • 1/8/22, 1/22/22, 1/29/22, 2/5/22
      • 1/9/22, 1/23/22, 1/30/22, 2/6/22
      • 2/26/22, 2/27/22, 3/5/22, 3/6/22
Enrollment is limited to 16 participants per session. Registration opened on 9/28/21.
Led by L3 instructor, Liz Ginexi.

Link below:
Ski Liberty WOMENS SKI DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Ski Liberty Mountain Resort, PA.
  • What: Morning Half Day Lesson
  • When: 8:30 AM - 12:00 PM
    • Session dates:
      • 1/8/22, 1/22/22, 1/29/22, 2/5/22
      • 1/9/22, 1/23/22, 1/30/22, 2/6/22
      • 2/26/22, 2/27/22, 3/5/22, 3/6/22
Enrollment is limited to 16 participants per session. Registration opened on 9/28/21.
Led by L3 instructor, Liz Ginexi.

Link below:
Ski Liberty WOMENS SKI DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM

Thanks! I added that, too.

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
What have you found surprising?
Mostly The difference in price. Since I have Epic, I thought about their clinic. I am not sure that it’s what I’m looking for as I might be better with some small group or a private for the cost of the clinic, hotel etc.
just looking and learning.
I hope all goes well this year and then next we will get Ikon. I would love to do the Taos clinic and I think Deb Armstrong might still be at Steamboat. :0

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly