• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Women's Clinics

bsskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Gonna hijack the thread a second: Has anyone done the Big Sky Women's Clinic? I'm tempted, but I am not sure if I'm good enough. It says the minimum ability is to be a strong parallel skier, and I'm way past that, but still....I'm intimidated yet intrigued.

Big Sky Womens Clinic
I’ve done the Women’s Clinic at Big Sky. You should be able to ski our blue trails which you’re probably doing anyway. You’ll be placed into a group with similar goals to yours. The program went from once a season to two sessions per season as popularity soared. There are women who come every year and some sign up because they happen to be there on ski vacation. The instructors are phenomenal and the mobility session pretty interesting. Let me know if you sign up. I’m not in the clinic but will be on the mountain.

SquidWeaselYay

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I’ve done the Women’s Clinic at Big Sky. You should be able to ski our blue trails which you’re probably doing anyway. You’ll be placed into a group with similar goals to yours. The program went from once a season to two sessions per season as popularity soared. There are women who come every year and some sign up because they happen to be there on ski vacation. The instructors are phenomenal and the mobility session pretty interesting. Let me know if you sign up. I’m not in the clinic but will be on the mountain.
Thanks for the awesome intel! I’ll let you know if I pull the trigger on it! What is the mobility session?

bsskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Good points. I’ve skied Big Sky many times, usually stick to blues and blacks. I don’t think I’ve ever done a double black out there. I’ve also never done the team accessed terrain. I think the most difficult terrain out there I’ve done is the challenger lift and one of the bowls. I didn’t die, but it wasn’t my best skiing.

Yes, looking at the early March one. If I can swing it time-wise. I still have to make it back up to Race Stock to get some boot work done before we go.
If you choose to attend, you don’t have to ski in the groups that ski off Challenger lift if you don’t want to. You can change to another group mid day or the next day. I’ve had excellent takeaways from different groups I skied with.

SquidWeaselYay

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If you choose to attend, you don’t have to ski in the groups that ski off Challenger lift if you don’t want to. You can change to another group mid day or the next day. I’ve had excellent takeaways from different groups I skied with.
That works for me! I CAN unfortunately be talked into just about anything...my biggest hesitation is always the thought of holding others back with any struggles I may have. I suppose that will depend on the composition of the group and the skill levels of those around me.

That sounds awesome about the mobility! I'm fascinated with that stuff. I know I have some movement patterns that are not ideal. My last canting assessment, my one leg goes to the outside while the other collapses inward. I mentioned it to my lifting trainer, and she sees it, and now I am focusing on correcting the imbalance. My right turns are definitely weaker. It's amazing how little things like that can affect you on the snow.

Thanks again for all the info, I really appreciate it! I'm new to attending clinics. I have done one so far, and it was awesome, but I wasn't sure if I just had a really good group/instructor and I should lower my expectations, or if they are all really just that great lol!

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
Okay, they just sent us the video from the Donna Weinbrecht Clinic in Killington. The video is kind of boring; it's our first day runs that they used to do video analysis. But the songs are cracking me up! LOL

Check out Donna's absolutely beautiful skiing in the beginning.

LOL, nice songs.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Also, not sure if they mean actual DEEP powder, not east coast “powder.” If they mean actual powder, I’d be screwed. I can’t ski good snow lol
I’m with you on that! I’m good about up to my ankles and then in trouble at least in East Coast snow!

sorcamc

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just finished the Donna Weinbrecht Clinic in Killington this past weekend. It was awesome, lots of individualized feedback and instruction. Donna took the time to give us each little “homework” things to keep working on, and was so down to earth! It’s the best thing I’ve done for my skiing. Some things really came together. Everyone I met was so awesome, I really hope to attend again.

@Matro were you there?
Was this a mogul clinic? I think I want to sign up for a true mogul clinic. I feel like once I can master this, I will unlock a new level and overcome the little bit of fear I have

SquidWeaselYay

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Was this a mogul clinic? I think I want to sign up for a true mogul clinic. I feel like once I can master this, I will unlock a new level and overcome the little bit of fear I have
I did not attend the mogul focused clinic, but she does run mogul clinics! The mogul clinics usually are Thurs and Fri.

sorcamc

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
how was Killington? Just back from Breck and I feel like I may be leveling up a bit. Skied some bowls and some ungroomed trails (no option because thats where the group I was with brought me) and I got through them, but would love to gain more confidence so I can do them well...not just get through it .

SquidWeaselYay

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

SquidWeaselYay

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Looks like I will have to wait for another year to take the Women's Clinic after all. My house/pet sitter that I had lined up blew her ACL out completely, and I can't find another person for those days.

Matro

Angel Diva
I just finished the Donna Weinbrecht Clinic in Killington this past weekend. It was awesome, lots of individualized feedback and instruction. Donna took the time to give us each little “homework” things to keep working on, and was so down to earth! It’s the best thing I’ve done for my skiing. Some things really came together. Everyone I met was so awesome, I really hope to attend again.

@Matro were you there?
yes!!! My name is Donna (as well)

shadoj

Angel Diva
@Matro - I recognized you in the film! You're just going all-out this year, aren't you?! Would love to hear more about the experience.

@SquidWeaselYay - Sad about your change of plans for Big Sky, and hope your house/pet sitter has a speedy and uneventful recovery. Seems like you got some good takeaway from the Killington clinic that will leave you even more ready to tackle Montana next year!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna