• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Women's clinics, '20-'21

kiki

Angel Diva
Anyone finding clinics for 20-21 (Covid era ski season)?

I just found some ladies only ski clinics at a smaller local mountain, Grouse, and signed up for them. Curious if anyone on here has taken classes there before? They are 2 hours long each and in the evenings. I haven’t night skiid in years and never skiid at this mountain so I think it will be a good stretch and 2 hours seems within my fitness level lol! Grateful to find some group lessons as they are scarce this year.

what about the rest of you, have you seen anything interesting at your local hills?

MissySki

Angel Diva
Anyone finding clinics for 20-21 (Covid era ski season)?

I just found some ladies only ski clinics at a smaller local mountain, Grouse, and signed up for them. Curious if anyone on here has taken classes there before? They are 2 hours long each and in the evenings. I haven’t night skiid in years and never skiid at this mountain so I think it will be a good stretch and 2 hours seems within my fitness level lol! Grateful to find some group lessons as they are scarce this year.

what about the rest of you, have you seen anything interesting at your local hills?

I’m doing the seasonal program at Sunday River, assuming it still runs. They have co-ed groups and women's only, you can move around to whatever interests you. Well, you could before, I’m not sure if they’ll try and keep groups more consistent this year due to Covid.. we’ll see. I’m really looking forward to it and hope it runs.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I've heard that a lot of resorts will be eliminating their special programs this season (like women's clinics), so I'll be interested to hear about any that are still planned.

StayWarm

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Loveland has cancelled their women's clinics for 20/21, which is such a bummer. It was such a friggin' steal and had great instructors.

Covie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The Girls Do Ski camps are going ahead with adjustments for Covid. Details to come Nov 5th.

Jilly

Staff member
CSIA is running their Women in Skiing Clinics. Most are only 1 day events, but the big one is 3 days in January at Tremblant. I figure since it's the 3rd week of January, that should be the week that everything gets shut down for case counts after the holidays...Hope I'm wrong.

COcanuck

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've heard that a lot of resorts will be eliminating their special programs this season (like women's clinics), so I'll be interested to hear about any that are still planned.

I called Aspen Ski Co regarding their Local's Clinics (there are some that are mixed and some women only) and they said that so far they plan to go ahead with them. They have instituted a "Max 5" in each group per instructor, so that is nice. Fingers crossed that ours numbers don't sky rocket...

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Only private lessons at Mammoth, and not a guarantee for a lift ticket....

"Lessons are offered on a space-available basis, and do not include or guarantee a lift ticket or rental equipment."

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
While not a clinic, Jackson Hole plans on running both of their women specific camps this season. I will likely sit out coaching these for at least this season as they include a lot of social events, which participants can sit out, but coaches a little less so. Hopefully, back at camps rotation next season.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Bumps for Boomers is co-ed but I was interested to see how they are changing their approach. Max group size will be 4. Students will use their own skis. Normally Boomers provides short skis to start with as part of the progression for their teaching approach. There will not be any gathering of the entire group for a given clinic. Essentially an instructor and students are a "pod" that won't interact with other lesson groups.

The suggestions related to eating are very detailed.
  • The SKI FOR LIFE / BUMPS FOR BOOMERS coaching staff requests clinic participants enjoy a take-out meal from one our great Aspen restaurants rather than eat indoors in a restaurant on the evenings before and during the clinic. Once the clinic is over, feel free to dine however you feel comfortable. We all stay safer when we all take steps to reduce risk of exposure. We will provide information on ordering “grab and go” food on the mountain as well as ordering take-out or delivery to your hotel, lodge or vacation rental.
  • Indoor bathroom breaks and lunches will be organized within your ‘pod’. You’ll discover new tented outdoor areas, cabins, yurts and more options as the Aspen Skiing Company works to disperse guests across the mountain. Lunches on the mountain will be pre-ordered and reservations required. We will review all this with you prior to your clinic start date.
  • Lift tickets are not included with the clinic. Please purchase your lift tickets as soon as you reserve your clinic to be given priority access to Aspen Mountain [private lessons may include more than Aspen Mtn] should skier capacity limits be enacted. Ikon Pass holders MUST make a reservation for specific ski days before arrival. At any point during the season, a reservation system for mountain access may be mandated so buy and reserve ASAP.

BlizzardBabe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This will be a local mountain year for me, I think. I have one reservation for the end of March (Red Mountain, BC), but I also bought the "cancel for any reason" insurance. I may take good advantage of some excellent local instruction. I'm working from home, so I'll be able to ski many mornings during the week and work in the afternoons. All my fingers are crossed.

MrsPlow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The Girls Do Ski camps are going ahead with adjustments for Covid. Details to come Nov 5th.
They're taking block bookings only from the looks of it - so you need to be in a group of 5. Quite understandable given the circumstances but disappointing if like me you tend to do those courses because you don't have 4 female friends of similar skiing ability/interest.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Liberty, which is owned by Vail Resorts and near Washington DC, will continue the women's program as part of the Adult multi-week lesson program. Past participants are getting the chance to sign up before any remaining slots are made available to new people. Lessons are 8:30-noon on weekends. The cost is $239 without lift tickets and $300 if someone doesn't have an Epic pass.

Saturdays: Jan 2, 9, 23 and 30.
Sundays: Jan 3, 10, 24 and 31
Sat+Sun: Feb 20, 21 and Feb 27, 28

Covie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
They're taking block bookings only from the looks of it - so you need to be in a group of 5. Quite understandable given the circumstances but disappointing if like me you tend to do those courses because you don't have 4 female friends of similar skiing ability/interest.

Exactly right. Plus I like the idea of meeting new people/skiers. Oh well maybe next year.

Cantabrigienne

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@kiki - Now I'm bummed I didn't get a Y2Play pass! I thought about getting either a Cypress or Grouse pass and skiing more in town, but OTOH, my sister's main renters are usually from Australia + the UK + the US, so I should be able to use her condo in Whistler more often. Hoping I can ski mid-week when it's quieter...although I gather from elsewhere in the forums that there are good reasons to think it will be busier than usual mid-week. It has crossed my mind that young/active folk who have flexible schedules and WFH would be smart to negotiate season-long rental deals and move up to Whistler for the season + ski for a few hours each day because they can WFH.

jthree

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm signed up for the Women's Weekly clinic at Smuggler's Notch again this year-- hoping that it still runs.

MissySki

Angel Diva
My adult seasonal program starts today, and for some reason I am SO excited about this! I don’t think I’m going to do the all women’s group to start though unfortunately. I’m friendly with one of the instructors in the program who recommended a different co-ed group for me based on what I’m hoping to work on this season and the fact that in the past there hasn’t been a higher level women’s group. I did ask her to let me know if the women’s group turns out to be higher level and more adventurous than she anticipates though! Most of the participants are returning from last season versus new though, so she has a good idea of what it’ll look like since she co-leads the women’s piece.

I’m a little nervous about being one of the few new participants when everyone else already knows each other, haha like that middle school feeling of being the new kid. I wouldn’t usually care about that sort of thing so much, but with Covid I wonder if people will be less welcoming to someone they don’t know. Hopefully not! Maybe I should tape my negative test result from this week to my back. Lol

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@MissySki, can you consider this group an opportunity to make new friends? Will you also continue to maintain contact with the people in your group from last year?

MissySki

Angel Diva
@MissySki, can you consider this group an opportunity to make new friends? Will you also continue to maintain contact with the people in your group from last year?

Sure! When I did the program a handful of years ago I actually made a few friends who I’m still in touch with. They are not in the program this year though. It’s a great place to meet more people who share a love of Sunday River, so usually we end up having quite a bit in common.

Of course I also have my Ski Diva friends at the mountain who are my faves! :becky:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly