• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Women's clinics, '19-'20

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've been thinking about doing the Women's Clinics at Wachusett this year. They are on Thursday mornings. But the Sunapee and the Pat's Peak ones look good too for my neck of the woods.

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I attended a few Brighton Women's Clinics when I hosted there and got a deal---but could never attend every week of the four due to work schedule.

But other than that, I have had a hard time justifying the cost of a woman's clinic at Alta or other resorts, they seem so pricey and at my age, I'm not sure that I will get a return on investment!

marzNC

Angel Diva
But other than that, I have had a hard time justifying the cost of a woman's clinic at Alta or other resorts, they seem so pricey and at my age, I'm not sure that I will get a return on investment!
But of course you've had the benefit of DH's instruction over the years at local mountains in Utah. For those of us with non-skiing husbands who have to fly for a week of skiing at big mountains here and there, getting past the advanced intermediate stage can take quite a few years even with lessons.

While I had fun skiing only blue groomers for a couple decades every few years while working, after finding ways to take lessons in recent years I have far more flexibility about what terrain to ski during trips out west. The trips are planned months in advance so never know what snow conditions will be like. I didn't become an advanced skier until after age 55. As I approach 65, I know I'm not done improving and the investment of time and money has been worth it.

jthree

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm doing the Sunday Women's clinics at Smuggs this year. This will be my first lesson since I was a kid and I'm really excited about it!

bananapantsB

Diva in Training
Thanks for doing the legwork to put this list together! I really want to get confident on skis this year (thanks to this forum that will include treating myself to some shorter skis since I got some not amazing advice on my current pair!) I'm in the DC metro, so not exactly ski Mecca but happy to see whitetail on this list! Will check it out

marzNC

Angel Diva
Thanks for doing the legwork to put this list together! I really want to get confident on skis this year (thanks to this forum that will include treating myself to some shorter skis since I got some not amazing advice on my current pair!) I'm in the DC metro, so not exactly ski Mecca but happy to see whitetail on this list! Will check it out
@alison wong has been doing the multi-week lesson program at Liberty for a few years. It's good because it's on weekends and a set of lessons can be done over 4 weeks instead of the entire season.

alison wong

Angel Diva
Liberty Mountain Resort. Women's program

Screen Shot 2019-10-06 at 11.39.09 PM.png

Women's program at Liberty is very good. It offers better value for the money. It fills up quickly though because most are "returning" students.

Lessons start at 9 am, finish at 3 pm, with 1 hour lunch break.

This year Women's program will be:
Saturday Only Session: January 4, 11, 25, February 1
Sat/Sun SessionFebruary 22, 23, 29, March 1

Registration will be opened to public soon. They just emailed registration info to past year's students since we get the "first cut". I just signed up and it will be my 3rd year w/ Women's program.

For Sat/Sun session, some stay overnight at the resort hotel, or hotels nearby (10-15 min. drive). I usually commute, about 1 hr 15 min one way from Northern VA.

MilkyWookiee

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Has anyone with an epic pass done a clinic at one of Vail's resorts? I've done Okemo's WAA clinic in the past, but last year they refused to offer lower pricing for pass holders and I couldn't justify paying for a clinic that included lift tickets I'd essentially already bought! I'm curious if this is just the Vail way of doing things, or if maybe it was a growing pain of the quick acquisition

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly