• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

"Woman's solo hiking trip..."

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Saw that too and laughed out loud!

Reminded me of reading a book of stories a while back about women taking solo adventures. One story was about a woman who had a wild hair and drove off in her car for a couple of days with no particular aim or reason. The point seemed to be how fun it was to be "kooky" or whatever. Also, menstruation seemed to play an overly-large role in a lot of the stories for some reason. I'm not averse to that important subject mind you, but it felt like an editor had been like "this lady-book needs less nuance and reflection and more reproductive biology!"

To be fair, I only made it through a couple of stories before giving up.

GeoGirl

Certified Ski Diva
LOL The Onion nails it. It's strange that people still think it's so strange for a lady to just want to get out there. I certainly get enough bemused looks from rangers and odd comments from fellow hikers on my solo backpacking trips.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna