• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Wolf creek

callmijane

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The snow report said 8". It was a foot and a half most places, and above my knees on one run. They updated the report at 4 pm saying 15".

However. It was an upside-down storm, so a heavy layer of snow on top of nice light stuff, so you just sank down into it. Fat skis or no, you couldn't float.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Does WC get a lot of upside down storms? Seems like anachronism talks about those a lot.

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think maybe they are more likely to since they get storms from the SW, ie warmer than ours up here. When we were there last week, though, it was perfectly right side up. Heavy first, then cold and light.

mustski

Angel Diva
I am just relieved to hear that you CO divas struggle in the heavy stuff also. I thought it was just a CA thing!

marzNC

Angel Diva
:bump:
I know this thread never really got going, but now that Wolf Creek is on my list of favorites for Colorado, I'll be following weather reports for that region more often. First trip was in Feb. 2020. Got blue sky and not too much powder, but really liked the terrain anyway.

Here's the forecast for Dec. 9-10. I know the current snow coverage is quite low, so hoping for the best. The following week is when I and my ski buddies will be skiing at Wolf Creek.

Screen Shot 2021-12-03 at 5.00.04 PM.jpg

callmijane

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It's gonna be so good! (of course, I'll be on the greens with my kiddo, easing back into skiing :-) )

marzNC

Angel Diva
Wolf Creek is getting enough snow to re-open on Wed. Just got this in an email. :smile:

WC seems to have moved to their new website. Although it looks pretty much the same.

Screen Shot 2021-12-07 at 2.29.19 PM.png

marzNC

Angel Diva
Your timing is impeccable!
Even better that Jason and I driving to Colorado. So we could do some extra driving today in order to ski starting a day earlier than planned. Bill will meet up with us in South Fork.

marzNC

Angel Diva
A few pics from Dec. 11. Blue sky and frigid in the morning. It was 7 degrees at 8:30am. But pretty comfortable by lunch time.

Little Bank Shot
Wolf Creek 11Dec2021 - 1.jpeg

Only one potty available near Alberta Grill (grill not open)
Wolf Creek 11Dec2021 - 2.jpeg

Plenty of snow going to 4x4 lot
Wolf Creek 11Dec2021 - 3.jpeg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna