• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Withdrawal

TheGreenOne

Angel Diva
Yes! Indoor! A ticket gets you two hours of access on the lift. One side is a terrain park the other side is a groomed I would say dark green run. Probably takes most people less than a minute to go down. But it’s fun! And a six pack was $99 last Backfriday so super cheap. Less than the cost of a movie. And afterwards the food court has a great ramen place that my kids love.
Wait. There's ramen American Dream? Ohh hooo... my Summer Fridays are really getting on point. Skiing and ramen is such a Jay Peak combo. So glad to have seen this. So far I just go to BS and leave but... now ramen.

Eera

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
January 2020 was my last time on the slope, and all things being well I'll get a small fix in about 2 weeks' time when I finally get back to NZ!

In fact I've been stomping around my office in my boots for three days now hoping to get them nicely bedded in before we head off. I think my feet have gained weight in the last two years though; I don't recall it being so hard to get the things on before, but maybe ski boots are like babies and your forget how rubbish giving birth is.

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
January 2020 was my last time on the slope, and all things being well I'll get a small fix in about 2 weeks' time when I finally get back to NZ!

In fact I've been stomping around my office in my boots for three days now hoping to get them nicely bedded in before we head off. I think my feet have gained weight in the last two years though; I don't recall it being so hard to get the things on before, but maybe ski boots are like babies and your forget how rubbish giving birth is.
And then you quickly remember once it happens again - but the endorphins keep you from caring?

Eera

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
And then you quickly remember once it happens again - but the endorphins keep you from caring?
No numb toes today after three days' wear, so something is compacting down; either the liners or my feet! Or I'm just so thrilled about being back out there that the endorphins are kicking in already.

fgor

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes yes yes! So excited for you!

Also im convinced that every summer i just forget how weird ski boots are, haha. The first day skiing of each season is always a bit AAAAA for me! (weird boots/forgotten how to ski/always super achey calves the next day but not for the rest of the season)

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva

Where are you now?

TheGreenOne

Angel Diva

I tried cabrio boots and now can't ever go back to wrap arounds. They go on/off far more easily for me.

Eera

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Where are you now?
Tropical Australia. Great if you like sharks, crocodiles and jellyfish. Not so great if you're a mountain girl at heart. At one point there were rumours we'd be getting direct flights to NZ as AirNZ part bought the local airport, unfortunately came to nothing so gong anywhere cold involves a fair old hike.

Eera

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I tried cabrio boots and now can't ever go back to wrap arounds. They go on/off far more easily for me.
I saw on the side of mine (Lange), they declare themselves easy to get on and off. I'd hate to meet difficult ones! Oh well, not as if rapid boot changes are much of a feature of a day in the snow. I'll have a look at those ones in the future.

Eera

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes yes yes! So excited for you!

Also im convinced that every summer i just forget how weird ski boots are, haha. The first day skiing of each season is always a bit AAAAA for me! (weird boots/forgotten how to ski/always super achey calves the next day but not for the rest of the season)
Thank you! I am too, obsessively watching the webcams at the moment; it looks like it's going to be way better than last year, just need a top-up of fluff as I'll likely have forgotten what I'm doing and spend most of the day face-down.

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva

2020? That is tragic! But excited for you to get back in the mountain soon!

Eera

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
2020? That is tragic! But excited for you to get back in the mountain soon!
Our dates are starting to show up on the long-term weather forecasts, so exciting.

Of course, it's predicting the weather to get warm and rain. Nature has a sick sense of humour!

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Our dates are starting to show up on the long-term weather forecasts, so exciting.

Of course, it's predicting the weather to get warm and rain. Nature has a sick sense of humour!
Oh fingers crossed it changes, it probably will, the weather this season has been really unpredictable. Where are you heading?

Eera

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh fingers crossed it changes, it probably will, the weather this season has been really unpredictable. Where are you heading?
NZ, probably Remarkables the most but maybe Coronet Peak. Just checked the 12-day forecast and the rain has gone but the temperatures at mid-mountain are now well above freezing. There's a few days for a cold snap to come along, so I'm going to go sacrifice some ice-cubes to the Snow Gods. It'd just be my luck that the first jaunt to the snow in nearly two years and there's nothing but rocks!

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
NZ, probably Remarkables the most but maybe Coronet Peak. Just checked the 12-day forecast and the rain has gone but the temperatures at mid-mountain are now well above freezing. There's a few days for a cold snap to come along, so I'm going to go sacrifice some ice-cubes to the Snow Gods. It'd just be my luck that the first jaunt to the snow in nearly two years and there's nothing but rocks!
Its dumping as I type :snow: And they have a great snow base so you should be absolutely fine, its the best season in years at least down here in the Sth Island :ski:

Eera

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Its dumping as I type :snow: And they have a great snow base so you should be absolutely fine, its the best season in years at least down here in the Sth Island :ski:
Excellent! Seven days now, and I just checked my flights and it gets into Queenstown two hours earlier than I thought - I really should learn to tell the difference between 1300 and 3pm.

There's some moderate rain predicted on the mountain but hopefully with windchill it'll turn solid. I just looked and saw that snowbase is 1.50m which is fantastic.

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
Excellent! Seven days now, and I just checked my flights and it gets into Queenstown two hours earlier than I thought - I really should learn to tell the difference between 1300 and 3pm.

There's some moderate rain predicted on the mountain but hopefully with windchill it'll turn solid. I just looked and saw that snowbase is 1.50m which is fantastic.
Green with envy.....:laughter::jumphappy:

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

Dont read too much into the forecasts, its been a wake up and see kinda season and very unpredictable ! And if there's a little bit of rain then you get lovely rain groomed snow :ski:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly