• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Withdrawal

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
That is a long time ago....

Maybe you can ski.more next season. :ski:

Thanks, I have a 6 month followup with the surgeon on June 14.

I will have to go by what he says.

m185

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yup-it will be my first trip to NZ since covid became part of our lives. I can’t wait to get back on the snow. Won’t have much time but at least during august I can play on snow! My last ski day was in April and I can’t bring myself to pack up all my gear. I’m just going to toss it my suitcase and dream of august!

mustski

Angel Diva
It is always hard when the season end. I feel as if I am just waiting, waiting, waiting. I am trying to find other activities to get me through summer and fall, but nothing else is anywhere near as much fun!

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I try not to think about skiing during the off-season, to avoid missing it and feeling bummed out. Luckily, I love mountain biking as much as I love skiing, so in spring or fall, there's always something to look forward to. Vermont is so lush and green in the summer, and usually not oppressively hot, that it lifts my spirits to get to spend lots of time in the woods. Sitting and reading on the porch is also a great pleasure of summer, along with tending to plants and enjoying visits from the hummingbirds.

Here's a recent evening porch view:

Porch.png

Skidreamer

Certified Ski Diva
I skiied 3 weeks ago here in Oz when the snowfield opened early and just cannot stop thinking about it. Now probably to wait 6 weeks until the mid August week we've got booked. Kiiiiiilling me lol. The only worthwhile things about winter IMO are skiing, Christmas in July, and the Tour de France (which starts this weekend, happily).

I'm learning a lot following the ski enthusiasts who closely analyse the weather predictions, there's so much to it, it's been quite an education, and I'm really only scratching the surface.

Flowergirl88

Certified Ski Diva
HA! We went to Acadia National Park as soon as my kids got out of school. And that was enough to get me distracted from dreaming of ski... but now that it's mid-summer, peak Washington DC weather, I'm DEFINITELY going through withdrawal and dreaming of ski ski ski!!!

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
Yup-it will be my first trip to NZ since covid became part of our lives. I can’t wait to get back on the snow. Won’t have much time but at least during august I can play on snow! My last ski day was in April and I can’t bring myself to pack up all my gear. I’m just going to toss it my suitcase and dream of august!
Have fun!

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
I am licking my paws and waiting for the next ski season in NC mountain where I spend my summer. At least, we are going back to Aspen for a few weeks in September and going to Andorra to see if that is a great place to live/ski for the future in October through Nov., so, at least, this summer will pass faster. Well, I hope.

Other than that, I kayak and hike here in the NC mountain.

Attachments

• 20220715_104145.jpg
    20220715_104145.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 11

SkiGAP

Angel Diva
...going to Andorra to see if that is a great place to live/ski for the future in October through Nov....
it is.

I hope you enjoy your trip here! I'm likely not to be here Oct-Nov, but I wish you a great trip. If I can give any tips, I'm happy to try.

newboots

Angel Diva
P.S. - A fellow Diva told me to start posting on this page (I'm pretty new to this group) so I can start getting info on what you ladies are all doing for 2022-2023! So... HERE GOES!!! Hope winter is upon us soon again!
Hello, @Flowergirl88 ! So happy to have you. Keep posting and you'll have access sitewide (25 posts, I think.)

:welcome:

echo_VT

Angel Diva
i recently came back from glacier skiing at Mt Hood at Timberline a few days ago as my daughter went to race camp. the snow was great spring conditions on top. of course below palmer lift it gets slow/sticky/inconsistent... but it was well worth it (great skiing). I would recommend going if available to you!

the husband missed out on the trip, but he has a week off in August (the entire company shuts down) so he and some buds are heading to chile for a week. argentina has some options too! yes flights are a bear. we lucked out in that we had a bunch of trips canceled during covid so we are still going through points rn.

summer activities that we like are mountain biking trail running and hiking. they are not skiing, but they are still quite fun. i am also an avid kitesurfer (dependent on wind). wakeboarding is also super fun. water sports are a great alternative.

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
i recently came back from glacier skiing at Mt Hood at Timberline a few days ago as my daughter went to race camp. the snow was great spring conditions on top. of course below palmer lift it gets slow/sticky/inconsistent... but it was well worth it (great skiing). I would recommend going if available to you!

the husband missed out on the trip, but he has a week off in August (the entire company shuts down) so he and some buds are heading to chile for a week. argentina has some options too! yes flights are a bear. we lucked out in that we had a bunch of trips canceled during covid so we are still going through points rn.

summer activities that we like are mountain biking trail running and hiking. they are not skiing, but they are still quite fun. i am also an avid kitesurfer (dependent on wind). wakeboarding is also super fun. water sports are a great alternative.
Impressive.

How late does Mt. Hood stay open?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna