• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Withdrawal

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@Eera also I've noticed that all the shuttles and buses are in absolute chaos down there and people are missing out on transport or having to queue for hours. I don't how it works but if you're going to be relying on them to get up and down the mountains it might be prudent to start making enquiries.

Eera

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@Eera also I've noticed that all the shuttles and buses are in absolute chaos down there and people are missing out on transport or having to queue for hours. I don't how it works but if you're going to be relying on them to get up and down the mountains it might be prudent to start making enquiries.
There's some kind of kids' enduro camp thing going on at the moment: on their webpage NZ ski says that they aren't selling general tickets or something. Hopefully it's to do with that rather than general bad organisation (which has never been an issue before). Of course, they'll be suffering with staff off sick as well.

Thank you for the heads-up. I will certainly quiz them when we pick up our transfer vouchers.

Reactions: AJM

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
There's some kind of kids' enduro camp thing going on at the moment: on their webpage NZ ski says that they aren't selling general tickets or something. Hopefully it's to do with that rather than general bad organisation (which has never been an issue before). Of course, they'll be suffering with staff off sick as well.

Thank you for the heads-up. I will certainly quiz them when we pick up our transfer vouchers.
They really have been struggling with Covid sick calls, both with transport but also café staffing etc. We hired a 4WD for our trip as we started in Christchurch and finished in Queenstown, but the bus queues in the school holidays were very busy (1-2 hr waits each way)

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

I dont think its to do with the Enduro Camp, its general busyness combined with staff sickness/covid and all round chaos, all the ski fields are suffering from it over here so be prepared. We've also been getting hammered by the weather which has added to the mix ie closed days, wind hold, oh and Cardronas retail store burnt down over this last weekend ! I dont want to put you off as the skiing is incredible just be prepared for things to perhaps not run as smoothly as you've previously experienced. Check out New Zealand Skiing and Snowboarding Facebook page and that will give you an idea. x

Eera

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I dont think its to do with the Enduro Camp, its general busyness combined with staff sickness/covid and all round chaos, all the ski fields are suffering from it over here so be prepared. We've also been getting hammered by the weather which has added to the mix ie closed days, wind hold, oh and Cardronas retail store burnt down over this last weekend ! I dont want to put you off as the skiing is incredible just be prepared for things to perhaps not run as smoothly as you've previously experienced. Check out New Zealand Skiing and Snowboarding Facebook page and that will give you an idea. x
Ah nuts! Oh well, forewarned is forearmed and all that. I don't get narky about stuff I can't control but unfortunately I'm dragging two children and a man-child with me so I might have to being snacks. Or a stun-gun.

Louisianagirl

Certified Ski Diva
I saw on the side of mine (Lange), they declare themselves easy to get on and off. I'd hate to meet difficult ones! Oh well, not as if rapid boot changes are much of a feature of a day in the snow. I'll have a look at those ones in the future.
My second pair of boots were Lainge’s and I couldn’t return them fast enough. I compared them to heels made by Steve Madden (inside joke between the wifey and I - that he secretly hates women) so incredibly painful!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly