• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Winter training thread

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Anyone training for anything this winter in addition to skiing? I am signed up for my first marathon in early June, so many of my long runs will occur this winter, which will be a challenge.

Anyone else out there fitting in skiing and race training?

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
For the last two years, I entered the Canyonlands Half in March---which meant having to squeeze in long runs in between ski days and work. And the air in SLC during the winter is so awful with frequent January inversions. So I decided this year to not enter the March race and give me some time to transist from skiing to running.

I am trying to keep maintenance/minimum miles going and with nasty air much of this month around here, have been popping on microspikes and running in the canyon on snow packed trails, cross-country tours for bad-air days (or when at cabin near yellowstone), and ugh--even a few indoor track runs. Time is short, but hopefully I get some AT hikes in as well.

Good luck on your training----I do think running helps my endurance while skiing and keeps the dread "ski weight gain" away.

itri

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm signed up for the Colfax Marathon on May 15, so I'm with you on the fitting in skiing and long runs. What's even worse is that I will be doing a double clinical rotation for school in February, so I'll have 3 12's a week plus 8 hours of class on Fridays. Which means I will be skiing little to none during February. :( Once that's over, though, it should be a little easier to get up at least a few times.

I trained for a January marathon last year, but my peak training weeks were while I was in Ohio for the holidays, so I didn't have to give up too much in the way of skiing.

I love the crossover between skiing and running...the more I do of one, the more it helps the other!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly