• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Winter skin protection

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Exact same thing I use. I was looking for a link to share for the pocket size one..

melchap

Certified Ski Diva
I use thinkbaby sunscreen and sometimes I add aquaphor.

I always wear my helmet, goggles and UV blocking buff/neck gaiter that I can pull over my face.

Also I always wear gloves...in cold weather obviously...but for warm spring/summer weather too. I've toured in 90 degrees F and I wore long sleeves and gloves.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Dermatone for harsh weather, and otherwise the sunscreens formulated for faces.

DvR

Certified Ski Diva
I find physical sunscreens don’t hold up to chemical ones and with the pros outweighing the cons I go with a chemical one, Anthelios Milk SPF 50 Mexoryl SX & XL apply it before skiing then use it in stick form thoughout the day. Use Skincuerical procducts after skiing.

Mistletoes

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
First weekend on the hill and both my kids have windburn on their cheeks. They're both racing this year so they'll be out in the elements a lot. Is Dermatone a good product to use on kids? They both have sensitive skin and my DD broke out really bad over the summer from a mineral (zinc) sunscreen. Any other suggestions?

bsskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have an array of skin protection. Dermatone, Elta MD and Supergoop are my staples. I use SunBum Mineral on the boat. Any of these will work on the kiddos.

Blondeinabmw

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I like the Dermatone stick (in the white package) better than the tin, personally. I have super sensitive, acne-prone skin used to scream after a day of skiing without serious protection. I find that a layer of my regular moisturizer underneath - allowing it time to sink in - before applying the dermatone helps me avoid breakouts. I also tend to oil cleanse when I am done for the day to break everything up really well. The oil is soothing to weather-beaten skin and gets rid of any residual sunscreen "goo". For oil cleansing, I like the Belif Cleansing Gel Oil, but frankly, I'd think a good Micellar water would work too. I figure if it can remove waterproof mascara, it dissolves the crisco-consistency sunscreen too. I also switched to a Smartwool or original Buff gaiter for my face, which has the softness and seamlessness I need. Sometimes I double up with the Buff underneath the wool.

NYSnowflake

Angel Diva
I apply Dermatone 50 from the tube in the AM before leaving the house. I carry a little tin of dermatone in my ski jacket and reapply if my nose and cheeks or chin get chapped or too cold. I also use Nivea spf lip balm.

Mistletoes

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks Divas, I knew you'd have great suggestions. I saw the Dermatone stick, I'll keep that in mind. I also ordered Epionce Medical Barrier Cream for DH who gets severe chapped cheeks. That brand is new to me but noticed Deb Armstrong endorsed it on her latest video so I figured it must be good.

LKillick

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks for this thread. I always end up with painful skin, though it’s a bit better now that I’m using a supergoop/dermatone combo after posting about this last year. I have new things to try now!

blueskysunnyday

Angel Diva
Those in our house who can tolerate chemical sunscreens LOVE Ski Balm. I think it is like Dermatone in that it protects from windburn as well as sun. I use a mineral SPF (Skinceuticals) and top with Combat-Ready Balm by Skincando for my wind protection. That combo works well for me. Chemical sunscreens give me irritated skin that looks like windburn.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna