• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Winter skin protection

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Last season, I started using Zinc instead of chemical sunscreens. Chemical sunscreens almost inevitably hurt my skin the first few minutes, even the ones that are ostensibly hypoallergenic. I'm hoping my skin will like Zinc better. Even though it looks weird.

Is Dermatone zinc?
there is one of the dermatones that has zinc.. the one I use doesn't have zinc.. I'll find my tin for ingredients. i have sensitive skin and this doesn't cause any zits or other problems...

snow addict

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I use grapeseed oil and add sunscreen for skiing. Cheap and cheerful - I buy oil in a supermarket - and actually works. I used to be a la mer girl, well still am, but I alternate now and it saves me a fair bit of cash.

just jane

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am on the hunt once again for an apres-ski mega-moisturizer that doesn't sting when I use it, since Burt's Bees apparently discontinued my beloved carrot night cream. I picked up a couple of samples at the Clinique counter at Ulta yesterday. We'll see if they work.

Jilly

Staff member
I have a friend that swears by coconut oil. You know the type you cook with. No sun protection, but I might try it as night moisturizer.

Blondeinabmw

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am on the hunt once again for an apres-ski mega-moisturizer that doesn't sting when I use it, since Burt's Bees apparently discontinued my beloved carrot night cream. I picked up a couple of samples at the Clinique counter at Ulta yesterday. We'll see if they work.
I absolutely swear by Belif Aqua Bomb twice a day, every day, and I add a couple drops of Josie Maran Light Argan Oil to it for apres ski moisture sealing. Sephora sells both. I press it into my skin. Its fabulous.
For sunscreen, I like the Dermatone No-Touch stick better than the tin. It is Zinc-based, and not greasy at all (I think the tin is greasy), plus the SPF 50 is ideal for me. I have been treating my skin to chemical peels this fall/winter to shed some of my sun damage. These products work wonders.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I can recommend the SPF 30 cream by PCA Skin. It's very nice on the face, not greasy even over a moisturizer.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Probably online or at a skin care place. I had a peel last week and a sample size SPF cream came as part of the after care kit. Off-topic, the peel was brilliant. First time for me, and I'm already a convert.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Probably online or at a skin care place. I had a peel last week and a sample size SPF cream came as part of the after care kit. Off-topic, the peel was brilliant. First time for me, and I'm already a convert.
Looked them up.. Good product . Saw a sheer tint w spf 45 that looks nice also

Blondeinabmw

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I can recommend the SPF 30 cream by PCA Skin. It's very nice on the face, not greasy even over a moisturizer.

PCA peels are the ones I've had too. They are spectacular, no? My second peel was a bit too intense, but after a few days of discomfort and trimming extra skin off with scissors, I looked so bright, fresh and flawless. They went a little gentler on my third peel, and I have my fourth scheduled for right after Christmas.
I totally love that silkcoat balm they give you with the post-peel kit. I bet that would be AH-MAZING for winter skincare and pre-sunscreen hydration on the mountain. I may stockpile some of that with my next peel or ask my aesthetician if she can slip me an extra.
I get PCA treatments/products from my dermatologist's office. They do sell the products on PCA's website. A bit pricey, but worth it.
Here is a photo at day three, scary, but not painful. Looks worse than it was, and my sad clown face doesn't help!:
IMG_2815.JPG
And day seven, unretouched, no foundation!
IMG_2692.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2815.JPG
    IMG_2815.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2815.JPG
    IMG_2815.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure why those are sideways...

Did you post from your phone? It's better if you save them to your desktop and upload from there. That seems to be the best way to get them oriented correctly.

BTW, you look great!

Blondeinabmw

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Did you post from your phone? It's better if you save them to your desktop and upload from there. That seems to be the best way to get them oriented correctly.

BTW, you look great!
No - from my Desktop, and I even tried to rotate them. They just posted sideways facing the other direction! LOL!
I'm on a Mac though. It might be a Safari/OS issue.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Beautiful! I guess sun protection becomes even more important. I'll have to remember that.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
No - from my Desktop, and I even tried to rotate them. They just posted sideways facing the other direction! LOL!
I'm on a Mac though. It might be a Safari/OS issue.
I have the same problem with Mac .. BTW you look great

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have the same problem with Mac .. BTW you look great
Hey, it was great to put a face to the name. Thanks for stopping by the shop today. I hope we have a chance to ski together this winter!! Lets make it happen.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Hey, it was great to put a face to the name. Thanks for stopping by the shop today. I hope we have a chance to ski together this winter!! Lets make it happen.
I'd love to take a few runs with you.. And I'm totally open to suggestions for skis.. Had a great time out there today.

kiki

Angel Diva
What pocket sunscreen do you all recommend? I do not wear a backpack skiing so need something very small for my pocket for sunny days. I've been looking on amazon but it's hard to tell size. I have sensitive skin. Any recommendations?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna