• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Winter skin protection

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
How do you protect the skin on your face when you go out to ski?

For the past few years, I've been using Skinceuticals Primacy Hydra Balm. It's a little greasy, but I like it and I think it does a great job. Still, I'm running low and I'm wondering if there's something else I should try, instead.

What do you use?

Last edited:

ski_hat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
+1 to CeraVe products. Their body cream is AMAZING (for after showers), and the daily moisturizer with sunscreen is an absolute requirement in our house.

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have the Cerave am and pm lotions (am has 30spf) that I like. They go on very smoothly and don't leave me greasy. If I'm out in the elements I might add on something like Dermatone to exposed skin areas. I have to admit, I'm really bad about taking care of my skin and I keep trying to be better about it.

cheerrabbit

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'll have to look into Cerave. Liked the PM lotion, didn't care for the AM. But I never tried the sunscreens.
I usually just use Coppertone Kids SPF 50 with zinc oxide since we have it around for DS.

I also use Banana Boat lip balm SPF 50.

On top off all of that, I use a wool gaiter for wind and sun protection. I have two different weights of Icebreakers' chutes.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Last season, I started using Zinc instead of chemical sunscreens. Chemical sunscreens almost inevitably hurt my skin the first few minutes, even the ones that are ostensibly hypoallergenic. I'm hoping my skin will like Zinc better. Even though it looks weird.

Is Dermatone zinc?

Powgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have a gardening business and the CeraVe zinc sunscreen has the longest staying power of anything Ive tried...its SPF 50 and has some very nice anti aging ingredients....Bonus!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
How do you protect the skin on your face when you go out to ski?

For the past few years, I've been using Skinceuticals Primacy Hydra Balm. It's a little greasy, but I like it and I think it does a great job. Still, I'm running low and I'm wondering if there's something else I should try, instead.

What do you use?
I like Skinceuticals products, but do you wear a sunscreen over the Hydra Balm?
I have a very small Origins sunscreen sf 45 that fits in my pocket.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I like Skinceuticals products, but do you wear a sunscreen over the Hydra Balm?
I have a very small Origins sunscreen sf 45 that fits in my pocket.

I do. Though the sun is so weak -- and so rare -- here in New England in the winter that I really don't worry about it that much. Mostly, I need something to keep my skin hydrated and protect it from the wind and cold.

heather matthews

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The sun here is quite vicious so I use a Factor 50 sunscreen and also wear a snood or something lighter in the spring to protect my face.

Christy

Angel Diva
Dermatone...wind proof, frost proof.. was tested on Mt Everest SPF 25.. hasn't caused any skin issues on me (have used for more than 10yrs)

I learned about that here and use it when I go to colder drier resorts (so, in the Rockies). I don't need anything here since it's not cold or dry except regular sunscreen when there's sun.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
+1 to Dermatone in very cold and windy conditions for my face, and just anytime on my lips. Clarins SPF lotion is nice, especially if it's part of a special deal.

Albertan ski girl

Angel Diva
I use Kiehl's Ultra Facial Deep Moisture Balm - and I use that all winter here as it is dry as the desert. I slather than on when I go skiing, and almost always take sunscreen with me. For sunscreen, I just use a Neutrogena Face Sunscreen SPF 50.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna