• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Winter Park Nov 2022

Amie H

Angel Diva
Thanks to info from @IceHeeler I decided to head to Winter Park today. Per her advice, I parked near the cabriolet ($10 fee) but did walk through to base, which wasn't horrible, and on the way back I used one of the free wagons to haul my gear.

It was COLD. At the top of the gondola, the liftie was warning everyone, "Be careful out there folks, it's icy."

I heard that, and...walked 25 feet to the bar to sip a coffee drink and sit by the fire. Many others had the same idea - let the snow soften and enjoy an adult beverage while waiting. Chatted with some nice folks.

Finally got out there and took cat track Whistleblower over to Alan Phipps, which was running really fast.

Spent the rest of the morning toodling around on everything that was open. Conditions were not ideal but on the plus side, they had a good number of lifts open, so easy to keep lapping runs.

It was a fun day, but conditions were not great. At 1pm my weather app said it was was 25 degrees (F) but "real feel" of 10 (F) likely because there was a slight wind. That's night skiing in Wisconsin weather!

As I drove back to my hotel it started snowing.

Tomorrow I head home to Illinois, thankful that I had the opportunity to take this trip, visiting three resorts.

IceHeeler

Angel Diva
Looks like we got a little snow since you were here. There are definitely a few icy spots. We're supposed to get more tonight, but are anticipating 40mph winds. Brutal. I'm hoping to get back out there on Wednesday.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna