• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Winter dog walking coat...

altagirl

Staff member
I'm in the market for one of those long puffy coats for staying warm on birdwatching outings and pre-sunrise winter dog walks where I'm regularly standing around with the dog sniffng things.... preferably with a hood. And down to about my knees.... like walking around in a sleeping bag basically. I have a lot of various puffer coats but not a long length one...

I've been looking at a few deals online but figured I'd ask if you ladies have any recommendations. Anyone have anything they love?

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I'm in the market for one of those long puffy coats for staying warm on birdwatching outings and pre-sunrise winter dog walks where I'm regularly standing around with the dog sniffng things.... preferably with a hood. And down to about my knees.... like walking around in a sleeping bag basically. I have a lot of various puffer coats but not a long length one...

I've been looking at a few deals online but figured I'd ask if you ladies have any recommendations. Anyone have anything they love?
I love my Patagonia one I got at the outlet. Super warm, hood, zippered pockets. Specifically bought for Taos when going out in the evenings ....

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Mine is something like the link posted below but was more expensive to begin with so maybe more down. However, I picked it up for around $150 I think in 2020

Last edited:

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
I have a Land’s End down coat and Merrell winter boots and I can generally stay comfortable outside all winter in Wisconsin. we spent the 2020-21 winter largely outside with our friends and I was toasty. Since you’re PNW, though, I wonder if down is what you’re looking for? Or a more water resistant insulator?

Oh, nvm - ETA I misread the OP. Sorry @altagirl … I stick with my original recommendation! :smile:

altagirl

Staff member
I have a Land’s End down coat and Merrell winter boots and I can generally stay comfortable outside all winter in Wisconsin. we spent the 2020-21 winter largely outside with our friends and I was toasty. Since you’re PNW, though, I wonder if down is what you’re looking for? Or a more water resistant insulator?

Oh, nvm - ETA I misread the OP. Sorry @altagirl … I stick with my original recommendation! :smile:
Yep - Utah. I mean occasionally we get cold and wet weather, but typically down works just fine here. I keep an actual raincoat that can be thrown over a puffy if needed in my car but we rarely get heavy rain.

altagirl

Staff member
Mine is something like the link posted below but was more expensive to begin with so maybe more down. However, I picked it up for around $150 I think in 2020

We have a Patagonia outlet nearby so I do need to keep an eye out for when they have a clearance sale at the outlet!
I love my North Face long down jacket. I bought it to stay warm in cold hockey rinks and it is plenty warm. Its like have a down blanket around you.

https://www.thenorthface.com/shop/womens-metropolis-parka-nf0a5gds?variationId=EFF

I think the fact that while working from home, as our temperatures have dropped I basically spend all day wrapped in a blanket has made me want a coat that makes me think I'm wrapped in a comforter outside. :becky: I think I basically have the short version of this North Face - which I do love - I just want a long version now - I'm thinking that's going to be dramatically warmer for standing/sitting around. :smile:

fgor

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

newboots

Angel Diva
I have an almost-knee length down coat from Land's End and they are having a BIG SALE right now. If you don't find it on the website, code BLACK gets 60% off of a lot of stuff.

My coat is so warm that I don't wear it often!

MissySki

Angel Diva
I have this one, but in red. Love it! I’m 5’4” and this one is around my knees. I also like that it unzips on the sides for better mobility. The snaps down the front are magnetic so I literally don’t even need to zipper it when early morning dog walks occur (yes I am sometimes that lazy lol). Though it’s dangerous to get too close to dirty cars in the winter for the same reason, ask me how I know..

Last edited:

altagirl

Staff member
I have this one, but in red. Love it! I’m 5’4” and this one is around my knees. I also like that it unzips on the sides for better mobility. The snaps down the front are magnetic so I literally don’t even need to zipper it when early morning dog walks occur (yes I am sometimes that lazy lol). Though it’s dangerous to get too close to dirty cars in the winter for the same reason, ask me how I know..

Okay, I didn't know magnetic snaps were an option, but that's awesome. And I had not thought much about the mobility part and guess I do need to make sure it has either side zippers or also zips up from the bottom!

elemmac

Angel Diva
I think the fact that while working from home, as our temperatures have dropped I basically spend all day wrapped in a blanket has made me want a coat that makes me think I'm wrapped in a comforter outside. :becky:
I was looking at the same thing last year. Ultimately, I decided I didn't need another jacket. But I'm still eying one of the Outdoor Research Coze jackets....it looks so cozy...basically a comforter with arms.

newboots

Angel Diva
I was looking at the same thing last year. Ultimately, I decided I didn't need another jacket. But I'm still eying one of the Outdoor Research Coze jackets....it looks so cozy...basically a comforter with arms.

BTW, access to the page hasn't been blocked. (Were you joking? I tend to take jokes too literally.)

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I like my various Eddie Bauer down jackets. Only on sale, of course!

on a slightly unrelated note, an email came today from the CEO of Eddie Bauer discussing supply chain issues. And suggesting that one try and get what you want now if you are thinking of Christmas shopping. Interesting to actually see it addressed, and proactive marketing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly