• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Winter dog walking coat...

elemmac

Angel Diva
Don’t know if it’s just a matter of height (5’4) but I picked up a long LLBean down coat at a thrift store this summer that is almost to my ankles for dog walking. Can’t get much more walking sleeping bag than that!
LLBean does have some nice long coats. Their sherpa lined down coat caught my eye when I browsed their catalog the other day (I'm a sucker for sherpa lining).

Women's Mountain Classic Down Coat, Sherpa-Lined

altagirl

Staff member
Hey so reporting back....

Initially i bought a gray Land's End coat on Poshmark. It was only about $60 and seemed brand new. Comfy, reasonably warm, zipped sides for mobility... really only the most minor complaints, mainly that the pockets are cut off when wearing a dog leash belt or camera belt. And if my phone is in there it pokes me in the guts when I bend over. But it looks nice and functions well.

And then..... my favorite local consignment shop had the long Canada Goose coat I'd been drooling over online. New with tags but half off since its a previous season model sourced from a dealer in Park City (so not fake like I was worried about with online offerings). And I had gift certificates....

LOL, so now in true diva form, I have 2. The Canada Goose is dramatically warmer. But has backpack straps inside to wear like a backpack if you overheat. And has split pockets so if you wear a belt it goes in the middle and there are upper and lower pockets. I can put my phone in the upper one and bend over in comfort. The wrist gaiters are HUGE. It has reflective strips on the wrists that reverse to hide them if you dont want them visible. And the hood is... like wearing a pillow. It's amazing. Don't think I could have sprung for one if the deal had not popped up but I love it.

Attachments

• 20220201_074302.jpg
    20220201_074302.jpg
    307.3 KB · Views: 11

MissySki

Angel Diva

Initially i bought a gray Land's End coat on Poshmark. It was only about $60 and seemed brand new. Comfy, reasonably warm, zipped sides for mobility... really only the most minor complaints, mainly that the pockets are cut off when wearing a dog leash belt or camera belt. And if my phone is in there it pokes me in the guts when I bend over. But it looks nice and functions well.

And then..... my favorite local consignment shop had the long Canada Goose coat I'd been drooling over online. New with tags but half off since its a previous season model sourced from a dealer in Park City (so not fake like I was worried about with online offerings). And I had gift certificates....

LOL, so now in true diva form, I have 2. The Canada Goose is dramatically warmer. But has backpack straps inside to wear like a backpack if you overheat. And has split pockets so if you wear a belt it goes in the middle and there are upper and lower pockets. I can put my phone in the upper one and bend over in comfort. The wrist gaiters are HUGE. It has reflective strips on the wrists that reverse to hide them if you dont want them visible. And the hood is... like wearing a pillow. It's amazing. Don't think I could have sprung for one if the deal had not popped up but I love it.

I am soooooooo jealous of this find!!! I've also been drooling over a black Canada Goose, but haven't been able to convince myself to buy one. I have an expected "additional bonus" at work early next year if a specific milestone is reached based on work I'm doing (which I expect to happen).. so I've sort of told myself that if that goes through I might finally treat myself with part of it since I wasn't expecting it to be a thing at all. Here's hoping! lol

Peppermint

Angel Diva

In this case it was worth waiting for! Its such a great feeling -I love days like that!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly