• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: Windows Phone?

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Anyone here have a Windows Phone smartphone? If so, likes/dislikes? My Blackberry Pearl isn't going to make it until the release of Blackberry 10 (if BB 10 ever even makes it to stores) next year, so I'm casually phone shopping now. I was thinking I'd get a Blackberry Torch 9810, but then I saw the Windows Phones. It's a very pretty operating system. I'm just not sure how much is me being enamored by a slick looking OS? My first phone was an iPhone 3G a few years ago before the BB Pearl, but it was a lemon so I'm hesitant to go back to iPhone. Never cared for the look of Android.

geargrrl

Angel Diva
One thing my son noted,
Cost of difference between a 64gb iphone and a 16gb iphone: $200
Cost of getting a 64gb SD card and sticking it in my new phone: $35

Christy

Angel Diva
I know this isn't what you asked (I figure you can just ignore it if you want), but my husband works in the industry and the Samsung Galaxy 3 is blowing everyone away right now. Everyone loooooves it. He is trying to get his hands on one but it is so popular employees aren't able to buy them through the company right now.

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've got an HTC Droid Incredible 2 ($79 at Costco last year, less now) and love it. It's worth checking out the Droid and iPhone, especially because the Windows app options are still meager compared with either of the others. I'm a Mac fiend, but the iPhone's OS is different than the desktop (more rigid, for one thing), so I went with the Droid because the OS is attractive and intuitive and, well, the Incredible felt so sexy compared to the iPhone. :embarrassed:

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I actually ended up getting a Windows phone (Samsung Focus 2), and so far I've been very happy with it. I really like the OS on it. I can't compare it to a Droid, since I've never tried a Droid, but I like it better than the iPhone OS (my first smartphone) and maybe as well as or better than my BlackBerry (second smartphone). I almost hate to admit this, as I'm a HUGE BlackBerry fan. Its got a lot of great features built into the OS. Although, I really miss the LED on my BlackBerry.

Sent from my SGH-i667 using Board Express

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna