• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Why this is for women only.

Brenda T.

Certified Ski Diva
I am very happy that this site is here. I was a little worried about asking to join it, because as a transwoman, many group want to consider me a man, which I most defiantly am not!! Still there are closed minded people in the world.

Of course I could have not told you that I was transgendered, but I originally joined with a specific question in mind and it was relative that I am trans, but also I believe in being honest. I don't want to hide who I am. I am not ashamed of being myself.

Still I was worried about the reaction that I would receive and I have to say that I am filled with joy at the wonderful, kind response I have gotten so far.

You ladies ROCK!!!!

I look forward to many hours of reading information and learning from all of you. I'm sure that I won't have as much information to post as some, but I'll try to contribute when I can.

Thank you to every single one of you. You are Amazing!!!! :clap::ski3:(I was looking for an emoji that showed the happy tears...)

newboots

Angel Diva
I hadn't seen this thread before. I just looked through page 1 and it was heartwarming. I would not have lasted on ski forums without this site. Epic had great info and lively discussions, but the testosterone-poisoning frequently was unleashed. Pugski is much better, but it has a share of sexism and inside jokes. I like it, but I post completely differently there, and much less freely.

On the first page of this thread there are posts from @liquidfeet, @altagirl, @Gloria and @SnowHot that make it really clear what a positive change a women-only forum was. From 2007! Glad you are all still here!

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Fyi, there's a local Poconos forum that is almost entirely guys, except for I think three female members including myself.

In a thread about diet and food, someone mentioned slicing salami with a plastic knife. There followed a flurry of suggestions for better options than a plastic knife (pocket, Swiss Army, etc.). And here's the thing:

Not one of the suggestions was for an actual kitchen knife.

:rotf:

COchick

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think, in addition to the women-only culture here, there is just such support of a wide range of abilities... there are no stupid questions here, and whether you're just starting or an experienced instructor, everyone is treated kindly and graciously. I've lurked on Epic for years and while there was a wealth of information available there, it was also very clique-y and intimidating. I could probably count on one hand the number of times I ever posted there. Here, it's all about the love of the sport, no matter where on the spectrum of it you fall. And that's fantastic! So Happy New Year, divas! Cheers to you! Happy skiing! <3

:clap::fireworks:

Elinor

Certified Ski Diva
I think, in addition to the women-only culture here, there is just such support of a wide range of abilities... there are no stupid questions here, and whether you're just starting or an experienced instructor, everyone is treated kindly and graciously. I've lurked on Epic for years and while there was a wealth of information available there, it was also very clique-y and intimidating. I could probably count on one hand the number of times I ever posted there. Here, it's all about the love of the sport, no matter where on the spectrum of it you fall. And that's fantastic! So Happy New Year, divas! Cheers to you! Happy skiing! <3

:clap::fireworks:

Couldn't agree more @COchick.

Elinor

Certified Ski Diva
I am very happy that this site is here. I was a little worried about asking to join it, because as a transwoman, many group want to consider me a man, which I most defiantly am not!! Still there are closed minded people in the world.

Of course I could have not told you that I was transgendered, but I originally joined with a specific question in mind and it was relative that I am trans, but also I believe in being honest. I don't want to hide who I am. I am not ashamed of being myself.

Still I was worried about the reaction that I would receive and I have to say that I am filled with joy at the wonderful, kind response I have gotten so far.

You ladies ROCK!!!!

I look forward to many hours of reading information and learning from all of you. I'm sure that I won't have as much information to post as some, but I'll try to contribute when I can.

Thank you to every single one of you. You are Amazing!!!! :clap::ski3:(I was looking for an emoji that showed the happy tears...)

Hi BrendaT - I agree with you that this forum is such a gift for us women, which is why I've recently joined too. And - like you - have been so warmly welcomed. It really is a blessing to have such a interesting, useful, kind and SAFE place to join with other women skiers.
Thanks for being so brave and so open! :love:

SierraLuLu

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I haven’t been on the other boards mentioned here although I’m considering checking them out, but I’ve been on the skiing subreddit and it’s a lot of bragging. I asked there about ski recommendations and while I did get good responses it was a lot of “my wife has tried this.” I’m fairly new to Ski Diva but this being a women only forum was part of the appeal, and everyone is so friendly I think I’ll stick around.

Jersey Ski Girl

Certified Ski Diva
Just a note here: every now and then we get men trying to register as a member on the site. Often they have a good reason; they're looking for skis for their wives, or they have some information they want to share.

As all of you know, TheSkiDiva.com is a women's only site. This is done for a very good reason: there are fewer women skiers than there are men, and this gives us a way to connect with one another in a way that makes us feel comfortable.

The womens-only policy is clearly stated in the policy statement everyone is supposed to read and agree to when they register:

This policy is not in place to be mean or arbitrary or spiteful or man-hating. It's simply my feeling that once you begin letting a guy in here and a guy in there, it soon becomes like any other ski forum on the web. And then it wouldn't be the same.

I trust that all of you feel the same way; otherwise you wouldn't be here. Besides, there are plenty of other places to talk about skiing with guys. This is our little corner of the world. :smile:

Even so, sometimes a guy slips in, and then we end up deleting his membership, as soon as we figure it out. In some cases this makes for hurt feelings, but that's how it goes.

I hope this further clarifies things. If anyone has any questions or comments, I'd be happy to discuss them with you.
Thanks for all your hard work!

newboots

Angel Diva
I hope we can be welcoming if that time comes. Folks who are non-binary in gender are so often shut out; it would be good if we could be a place for them, if they felt it would be.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna