• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Who's swapped their closets around?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
When the seasons change, so do my closets. I swap the summer clothes in my bedroom closet with the winter clothes in the closet in the guest room. I do the same with the clothes in my bureau.

Anyway, that's what I did this past weekend. Out with the tank tops and tee shirts, in with the long sleeves and sweaters! Gives me a good feeling; after all, ski season can't be far behind!

I also use this as an opportunity to get rid of the stuff I decided I don't like or don't want to wear anymore (what was I thinking when I wore that sweater??). For me, the problem is getting new stuff to replace it. I'm not much of a shopper, so it isn't easy.

Anyone else change their closets around yet?

nelsapbm

Certified Ski Diva
Just finished this weekend as a matter of fact. Started about 2 weeks ago, but with the warmer temps, I didnt put my summer stuff away. Was living out of crates for a few weeks. But now, they're finally in storage 'til next year (or 'til we go on warm weather trip somewhere this winter!).

Marigee

Angel Diva
I am lucky enough to have a closet that holds all my clothes. Our house is relatively new (6 yrs old) so our bedroom has two walk-in closets. Guess who got the big one!
I did the semi-annual clothing try on with my twins though. They absolutely hate trying on clothes to see what fits. Predictably they have outgrown almost everything from last winter. I am hoping we get through the ski season w/out having to buy new ski jackets/pants. We bought large on purpose!

Jilly

Staff member
Been there done that too this weekend. Rubbermaid storage containers and the closet in the guest room too. Also the ski clothes are in a container. Looked at it, but didn't take them out yet. I leave out 2-3 short sleeve tops just incase we get a nice day in March, but all the rest goes away.

Lynn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yup, started the switch in mid september. Got out my small stack of "transitional" tops and put away the real mid summer tops. Kept t shirts for those remaining warm days that pop up. Then last week needed sweaters and jeans again. Still have the heavy mid winter sweaters put away.

Will re wash and spray the gore tex ski jackets and pants very soon.
I've been checking all the sites that report snow and open trails. Still a long way to ski season around here, but at least it's sooner rather than later.

dburdenbates

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It's going to be 91 friggin' degrees here tomorrow. The shorts and tanks aren't going anywhere fast. :mad:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna