• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Who's had trouble getting a refund from Vail?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting open letter to Vail in Pique Newsmagazine from someone venting their frustration about not getting a refund from Vail, even though they didn't use their pass AT ALL this year. Anyone else in the same boat?

Lmk92

Angel Diva
I haven't even requested one for my son. He used his for about 1 hour. I should at least request it. He was injured at Mount Snow.

seastraight

Certified Ski Diva
I recall reading the insurance coverage for Epic pass for 2020-21 and covid was not part of the deal,- no coverage for the most obvious problem!! I too did not use my pass at all, sad as I was. I expected at least some credit, but none came via epic pass email. I will call them and ask about it. Maybe if enough people pester them, they will pay attention...but then again, it is Vail.

newboots

Angel Diva
Wow, poor family! What a lousy feeling.

merrydog

Angel Diva
Any news on this front from diva's who have requested refunds?

My SO and I filed separate requests for refunds at the end of March and heard crickets from ACM. Neither of us skied on our passes during the 20/21 season, he because his assessed his COVID risk as high and I usually ski with him. He called ACM a few weeks ago and the call center agent said his claim was closed May 1st, he was given a contact to call for more info. He called and left several messages without receiving any response.

I guess we pushed some buttons because today I received this email which still does not make me happy:

Thank you for submitting an Epic Coverage refund request. Your request does not qualify as an Epic Coverage refund event.

Epic Coverage provides refunds for certain personal events such as illness, job loss, injury and mandatory stay-at-home orders. Additionally, it provides refunds for certain resort closures, including closure due to COVID-19. Refund requests for resort closure events must be submitted after the season ends (between May 1 and May 31) for a full or prorated refund based on the portion of the season was impacted and your Epic Coverage selections.

Government travel guidance that does not prohibit the use of your pass such as general quarantines and lodging restrictions are not refund events under the Epic Coverage terms and conditions. Epic Coverage also does not provide refunds for apprehension or inconvenience related to COVID-19.

We know that circumstances regarding the pandemic continue to change and your pass remains active for the remainder of the season, allowing you to make reservations to ski or ride should you choose to do so.

Vail Resorts deeply values the loyalty of its pass holders and recognizes the challenges that you may be encountering this season. At the end of the season, Vail Resorts has said that they will take all guest concerns and challenges into consideration and review how the remainder of the season transpires, including a review of your refund request, in thinking about how to retain the loyalty of its pass holders. To the extent that there is any additional information based on that review they will contact you at that time.

newboots

Angel Diva
Wait, what?

But you didn't use it at all! Or maybe that was last year, you got a refund if you didn't use it at all. Super bummer!

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My BF and I got these emails yesterday. But I have to admit that my request for a refund might not have been a strong case.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna