• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Who's Bought Their Season Passes for '17/'18?

newboots

Angel Diva
My season pass decision for next year will be momentous. Close to home, I would happily ski again at Berkshire East. But there is this man up in Vermont. . . By next ski season I think I'll be living up there. Probably with a pass at Killington, since he works at Okemo and buys a pass at Killington each year, skiing both. I'll be able to ski both, too.

If it weren't for the Big Change, I might rather be at Berkshire East. I love it there, and there is still terrain that will be new to me. Not as raucous as Killington or as crowded as Okemo. But as my skiing improves, the bigger resorts might be better anyway, and I can't really know for sure which I'd prefer. I just know who I want to ski with. :love:

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wachusett Silver Pass bought so far. I've decided that the Max Pass Add On really only makes sense if I decide to do Diva East, so still up in the air on that part. Two weeks left to decide on that for the best price.

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@newboots if you end up with the Killington pass I'm pretty sure that the Killington passes also include Pico so on days you don't want something as crowded you could ski Pico instead. It has a smaller, calmer vibe; many of the party people bypass it in favor of the larger Killington but Pico is lots of fun I think.

veronicarella

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Here's an interesting 2017-2018 season pass offer: Saas Fee ski resort (nickname: mini Zermatt) in Switzerland is offering season pass for CHF222 (compared to single day pass of CHF72). Only if 77,777 passes are sold before April 22nd would trigger the purchase. Currently, there are almost 60,000 orders. I was told that this is a promotion to help the ski resort update/improve the facilities, so only if sufficient funding is met, then the ski resort can go ahead with the work.

https://www.saas-fee.ch/en/wintercard/
https://www.we-make-it-happen.ch/index.html

marzNC

Angel Diva
Here's an interesting 2017-2018 season pass offer: Saas Fee ski resort (nickname: mini Zermatt) in Switzerland is offering season pass for CHF222 (compared to single day pass of CHF72). Only if 77,777 passes are sold before April 22nd would trigger the purchase. Currently, there are almost 60,000 orders. I was told that this is a promotion to help the ski resort update/improve the facilities, so only if sufficient funding is met, then the ski resort can go ahead with the work.

https://www.saas-fee.ch/en/wintercard/
https://www.we-make-it-happen.ch/index.html
Very interesting. Apparently Saas Fee tried crowdfunding last fall too. They were trying to get 99,999 people to buy a season pass. Plus introduced a 3-year pass and even one for 15 years. I'm guessing that they didn't make it but saw the potential so are trying again with a lower target.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/ski/news/saas-fee-is-crowdfunding-for-season-ski-list-pass/

People won't be charged if the target number is not reached in the next week.

Timberline in WV was selling multi-year passes a few years ago. Don't think it was too successful though.

newboots

Angel Diva
@newboots if you end up with the Killington pass I'm pretty sure that the Killington passes also include Pico so on days you don't want something as crowded you could ski Pico instead. It has a smaller, calmer vibe; many of the party people bypass it in favor of the larger Killington but Pico is lots of fun I think.

What a great idea! My sweetie works 4 days a week so he can ski on Sunday and Monday, away from the crowds. I might have that choice in the future, but not yet. Pico is included. I'll have to check it out!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Very interesting. Apparently Saas Fee tried crowdfunding last fall too. They were trying to get 99,999 people to buy a season pass. Plus introduced a 3-year pass and even one for 15 years. I'm guessing that they didn't make it but saw the potential so are trying again with a lower target.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/ski/news/saas-fee-is-crowdfunding-for-season-ski-list-pass/

People won't be charged if the target number is not reached in the next week.

Timberline in WV was selling multi-year passes a few years ago. Don't think it was too successful though.
Great marketing concept... hmm 15 years would make me ???old.

Christy

Angel Diva
If you haven't looked at the lodging discounts associated with the pass, I'd encourage everyone to do so. It's 30% off at Sun Valley, and we just saved more on our SV Lodge booking for January than one pass cost us.

kiki

Angel Diva
Whistler for me!

A little scared, such a pricey thing. hope i don't fail at this season!! hopefully my body will be up to it, the long drives will be ok, i'll be ok skiing alone, and I'll have fun and make some buddies! Fingers crossed!!

luliski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Whistler for me!

A little scared, such a pricey thing. hope i don't fail at this season!! hopefully my body will be up to it, the long drives will be ok, i'll be ok skiing alone, and I'll have fun and make some buddies! Fingers crossed!!
I feel kind of similar. I actually bought two passes: Squalpine (where I really like to ski) and Epic Tahoe pass (to use mostly at Northstar, where my boyfriend likes to ski). Last season I skied at Northstar enough that it would have been better if I'd had a pass. I hope this season is the same. My sister and I have a ski lease, so I don't have to drive back and forth so much, but I also end up skiing alone often. I found that during the week there were lots of friendly souls (also skiing alone) to at least chat with on the lifts. How long will your drive be?

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Whistler for me!

You can do the free Mountain Tour at Whistler. It's a good way to meet people to ski with.

luliski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I usually wait for decent snow too, but once our ski lease starts (January 5), I'll ski whenever I can. I have a couple of mid-week days off every week, plus 3 day weekends, so sounds like we could meet up mid week.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I usually wait for decent snow too, but once our ski lease starts (January 5), I'll ski whenever I can. I have a couple of mid-week days off every week, plus 3 day weekends, so sounds like we could meet up mid week.
Yes .... And your head great joy's.... Which. Still think about and kinda want

badger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I finished paying off my pass last month. It is rather expensive for the local "hill" (12,000 feet, only 40 trails, plus nice backcountry terrain ) but as a PowerPass will offer me some free days at Snowbasin this year, which I will be skiing in early February on my return trip from Big Sky. I did it as a payment plan offered by the resort so as not to fork out almost $800.00 at once.

Then I bought some Renoun Z-77 skis to try this season.:becky:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna