• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Who'd be up for skiing at a private ski event at Magic (VT)?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Northeast Skiology is considering renting Magic for the day in early January, having it open only for people who pre-buy tickets. It'd be on a Monday, maybe January 10.* TheSkiDiva may work with them in some capacity. Who here would be interested in attending, if it actually comes off? Tickets would likely be between $40 and $65, and there may be a fundraising element tied to it, too.

Magic is an amazing mountain and it'd be a heck of a lot of fun to be there without crowds. Plus the more Divas who showed up, the better. So what say you?

*Edited Sept 10: Now looking like it'll be February 7. If we get enough Divas interested, it'd be a joint Northeast Skiology/TheSkiDiva event.

Last edited:

MissySki

Angel Diva
I would definitely attend as long as work conflicts don’t arise. I know it can vary dramatically year to year, but is such an early date usually reliable snow wise at a place like Magic? I honestly have never caught a good snow day there, it’s always been really rough. Hopefully we’ll have better luck on this one.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Whenever it is, it's always a roll of the dice. You just never know.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
With a fundraising aspect tied to it even if I didn’t go I might buy the ticket to donate. I’m pretty much of a decent weather skier these days! Remind me that when I go out some day next year and come in with frozen ice all over me or something!

marzNC

Angel Diva
Sounds like it could be a bit like the Pico Takeover that @Polly helped to organize a couple years back. That was fun, so I'd be up for it.
Here's the TSD blog entry about the Pico Takeover in Feb 2020.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
What about if it were on 2/7? Who could come then? Post here if you think you're likely to attend.

Last edited:

SqueakySnow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We might be into it! It would be great to meet up with folks :D

MissySki

Angel Diva
Ohhhh that’s what the “if Covid doesn’t get in the way..” piece meant? Lol Whoops, didn’t make sense without the context.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
As one of the TSV crew, early Feb is out for me. As far as snow quality goes, there have been a few years recently with a big thaw early Feb so that part is pretty much a crap shoot either way. I'm hoping something gets set up for January. Maybe hit up either Suicide Six or Stratton too while I'm in the area since I have both Ikon and Indy.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna