• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Who'd be interested in a Women's Clinic at Blue Hills in Eastern MA?

marymack

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Would anyone living near Boston be interested in a multi-week series of lessons at Blue Hills for women only? I'm thinking upper begginer-intermediate level, they already offer adult learn to ski in the evenings for those very new to skiing at this time, but not something for those riding the chairlift. I teach there and would love to put something together with the director of ski school. It would likely be 7pm on a weeknight. What are people's thoughts?

MissySki

Angel Diva
Great idea! Back when I was that level I’d have loved something like this so close by as I used to work 10 minutes from there.

knolan12

Angel Diva
@marymack I'd be interested! It's always a bummer that women's clinics are during the workday and upper beginner/intermediate would be my level. 7PM works great too, plenty of time to get off the train and get up to Canton.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That sounds like a good next step for those who have taken one of the adult learn- to lessons.

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That sounds awesome, especially since you can offer it after work hours!
I learned a lot and received great feedback from participants this year helping run a women's clinic series up here in VT. PM me if you're interested in touching base; I'm happy to pass along anything that can help!

knolan12

Angel Diva
Hi @marymack ! I'm not sure if these types of programs are planned out over the summer, but wanted to bump this to see if anything has been planned/decided? I'd love to participate and would be interested in pricing info so I can start budgeting :smile:

marymack

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hi @knolan12! Thank you for bumping this up! You totally reminded me to reach out to reach out to our GM. Blue Hills is currently looking to hire a new ski school director, so a lot of things are up in the air right now. I'll see what I can find out!
Mary

knolan12

Angel Diva
Hey @marymack, just checking in on this :smile: I think I saw on another thread that it was green lit? I also saw on Blue Hill's FB that multi-week lessons go on sale tomorrow which reminded me haha

marymack

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes! It is happening but im not sure the night yet. (I'm going to push for either Tues or Thurs night). Its not considered a multiweek program (as far as I know) those are the 5 week Junior programs and Puppy programs. It will probably be sold like the adult learn to ski program, you can buy one package/lesson or a set of 3 that can be used throughout the season (but I'm not positive that's what will be the case).

jmfd84

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Chiming in to follow this thread! I just hiked in the Blue Hills Reservation for the first time last weekend. Never skied there. I'm in RI but might be interested in a clinic like this - sounds like the perfect level for me and is only about ~1 hour away.

marymack

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Awesome!!! I actually emailed the GM and ski school director this morning. Letting them know that I know of a few that are interested and hoping to get a confirmation on day (I'm really pushing for Thursdays at 7) and pricing. I'll keep you posted!

marymack

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I had a meeting with the GM last night. She is really excited to start this program. Marketing materials will come out in early December after the Black Friday chaos.
Per our discussion last night (and this may change after consultation with finance and marketing so its NOT set in stone):
-Working name of program: Ladies Night Out
-Thursday nights at 6:30 or 7 (she wanted to confirm when adult learn to ski will be so that they are running at the same time)
-Intended audience: Advanced Beginner-Intermediate, must be ready to ride the chairlift (we will likely still use the carpet area for some of the lesson), If you haven't skied Blue Hills, the chairlift only accesses Blue and black terrain.
-Option to book one time: $50 for lesson and night lift ticket, +$10 to add on Rentals
-Option to book as a 3 lesson package: $129 lesson and lift ticket
-Hoping to get another female instructor on board and then will cap lesson at 8 students per instructor.
-She is looking into a partnership with the Blue Hills Grill so we can get a discount on food if we head over there for a post ski app/dinner and drink.

Let me know if you have any other questions, suggestions, or comments!

MissySki

Angel Diva
This sounds so great!!! I wish there was a high intermediate-advanced option as well. Perhaps if the program does well there will be more levels in the future?

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
On the way to the ski Expo on Saturday I met a woman who teaches at Blue Hills. (She told me I should think about teaching there too, I told her she should check out this forum and stop by the She Shed to meet Wendy.) I told her that a woman's clinic might be in the planning and she was intrigued. Maybe she'd be interested / available for teaching it too? But she said she wasn't certified, I don't know if you want to stick with certified instructors only. She said her name was Dee.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I had a meeting with the GM last night. She is really excited to start this program. Marketing materials will come out in early December after the Black Friday chaos.
Per our discussion last night (and this may change after consultation with finance and marketing so its NOT set in stone):
-Working name of program: Ladies Night Out
-Thursday nights at 6:30 or 7 (she wanted to confirm when adult learn to ski will be so that they are running at the same time)
-Intended audience: Advanced Beginner-Intermediate, must be ready to ride the chairlift (we will likely still use the carpet area for some of the lesson), If you haven't skied Blue Hills, the chairlift only accesses Blue and black terrain.
-Option to book one time: $50 for lesson and night lift ticket, +$10 to add on Rentals
-Option to book as a 3 lesson package: $129 lesson and lift ticket
-Hoping to get another female instructor on board and then will cap lesson at 8 students per instructor.
-She is looking into a partnership with the Blue Hills Grill so we can get a discount on food if we head over there for a post ski app/dinner and drink.

Let me know if you have any other questions, suggestions, or comments!
Sounds like a solid plan!

For the cap, that means if there are two instructors then could handle up to 16 students each week, correct? If there happen to be less than 8 total, would both instructors still teach a group? In that way, a student who goes regularly could always count on working with their favorite instructor.

I've seen other multi-lesson programs offer a perk after all the lessons are completed. Could be a discount on a season pass, a lift ticket or two, or any sort of discount coupon that can be used at the ski area.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna