• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Who'd be interested in a Women's Clinic at Blue Hills in Eastern MA?

marymack

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This sounds so great!!! I wish there was a high intermediate-advanced option as well. Perhaps if the program does well there will be more levels in the future?
We talked about it being up to advanced, but for the first year wanted to keep it to a smaller range of ability levels, so its most likely the group will be able to ski all together. Also, at BH, unless you were into race training, its a little challenging to work on truely advanced skiing, not only do we not have the steeps for it, the runs are just too short. But perhaps in the future we will reevaluate!

marymack

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yayayay this is exciting! Are we thinking a 90 min lesson? Thanks for the update!
All of our lessons at BH are 75 minutes (ensures that instructors get a 15 min break between lessons and there is a little buffer zone if a lesson goes over, you aren't scrambling to make the next lesson..though this isn't really a problem for this program since its the last lesson of the night). I would love to see people "extend" their lesson a bit by taking a couple fun runs before calling it a night though!

marymack

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sounds like a solid plan!

For the cap, that means if there are two instructors then could handle up to 16 students each week, correct? If there happen to be less than 8 total, would both instructors still teach a group? In that way, a student who goes regularly could always count on working with their favorite instructor.

I've seen other multi-lesson programs offer a perk after all the lessons are completed. Could be a discount on a season pass, a lift ticket or two, or any sort of discount coupon that can be used at the ski area.

What will probably happen (this is what happens with the adult learn to ski), is that 2 instructors will be scheduled, and then depending on how many people show up for the lesson, they may let one go home. E.g. Only 3 people come and they are relatively close in ability, no need to send out another instructor (and as a small ski area... money is always a little tight to be just handing out private/semi-private lessons when its supposed to be a group). However, if there is a big split in ability for example, the manager on duty has discretion to send out another instructor if they feel its warranted.

marymack

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
What will probably happen (this is what happens with the adult learn to ski), is that 2 instructors will be scheduled, and then depending on how many people show up for the lesson, they may let one go home. E.g. Only 3 people come and they are relatively close in ability, no need to send out another instructor (and as a small ski area... money is always a little tight to be just handing out private/semi-private lessons when its supposed to be a group). However, if there is a big split in ability for example, the manager on duty has discretion to send out another instructor if they feel its warranted.

I know in the past for the Junior programs they have comped people an extra lift ticket, that was a 5 week session though instead of a 3 week. Where night skiing tickets are $20, and the discount for signing up for a 3 session packet is a little over $20, you essentially are getting a free ticket to come back another night!

knolan12

Angel Diva
All of our lessons at BH are 75 minutes (ensures that instructors get a 15 min break between lessons and there is a little buffer zone if a lesson goes over, you aren't scrambling to make the next lesson..though this isn't really a problem for this program since its the last lesson of the night). I would love to see people "extend" their lesson a bit by taking a couple fun runs before calling it a night though!

Sounds great! I think the timing is perfect for after work.

I can ski blues in NH/VT, but confidence is an issue (something I'm hoping to work on through lessons this season). How would you compare the lift trails to ones at larger mountains? I'm sure it will be fine, I just get nervous skiing down trails I haven't been on before hahaha

marymack

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sounds great! I think the timing is perfect for after work.

I can ski blues in NH/VT, but confidence is an issue (something I'm hoping to work on through lessons this season). How would you compare the lift trails to ones at larger mountains? I'm sure it will be fine, I just get nervous skiing down trails I haven't been on before hahaha

You should be fine! We have one long Blue called Patriots Path that has one section with a good pitch, the rest is pretty moderate. Working on confidence and some tactics for the scary moments are absolutely something we can work on.

knolan12

Angel Diva
You should be fine! We have one long Blue called Patriots Path that has one section with a good pitch, the rest is pretty moderate. Working on confidence and some tactics for the scary moments are absolutely something we can work on.

Loving the name haha Awesome, thank you!

knolan12

Angel Diva
https://www.bluehillsboston.com/copy-of-adult-learn-to-ski
Here it is!! Sorry for the delay, been an interesting start to the season at BH with some maintenance being done to the rental/lesson building so the office has been pretty busy. Me and Julia (the other instructor who will be coaching) are so excited for this program! Let me know if you have any questions.

Yayayay! Just to clarify, this is running for 3 Thursdays? (1/16, 1/23, 1/30)?

Thanks!!

marymack

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It will hopefully run every Thursday until we run out of snow! Starting next Thursday the 16th. You don't have to come consecutive Thursdays, though each week we can hopefully build on the previous week. Signing up for 3 in advance just gets you the discount.

knolan12

Angel Diva
It will hopefully run every Thursday until we run out of snow! Starting next Thursday the 16th. You don't have to come consecutive Thursdays, though each week we can hopefully build on the previous week. Signing up for 3 in advance just gets you the discount.

Great, thank you!!

marymack

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
In case anyone was gearing up to check out the women's clinic today, sadly the weather has really taken a toll on the snowpack...and BH is closed today. Snow guns start up tonight and snow headed this way this weekend. We should be on for next Thursday!

saranneblue

Certified Ski Diva
In case anyone was gearing up to check out the women's clinic today, sadly the weather has really taken a toll on the snowpack...and BH is closed today. Snow guns start up tonight and snow headed this way this weekend. We should be on for next Thursday!
Hi, I am trying to check out the page, but the link doesn’t seem to be working.

marymack

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hoping to see some of you all tonight!
I'm thinking as a first night focus, we will work on stance/balance/getting out of the backseat. Something we can all always improve! We will probably start over on the carpet area to introduce some things and then take it up the hill.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly