• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Who has Columbus Day off?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Columbus Day always seemed like a pretty minor holiday to me, yet some people have the day off. Do you? And what sort of job do you have?

Marigee

Angel Diva
I work T/Th so the issue is moot for me. Our office was open though. All gov't employees (federal, state, local) have off around here - and the schools in northern VA as well. Given the number of federal employees here that translates into MANY people off today. In some ways it was a day off for me b/c I didn't have to get my kids up and off to school - I actually slept in (until 7:30.)

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I was wondering because of all the people here in Vermont, looking at the leaves. Columbus Day weekend is typically the high point of the leaf peeping season (though I think the leaves are already past their prime). The weather's been incredible, though. Now they're forecasting snow showers for Friday night, so soon, soon, soon.

nelsapbm

Certified Ski Diva
Had today off. Saturday & Sunday were spent in Montreal, and today on the golf course. Absolutely gorgeous.

Jilly

Staff member
We had a beautiful day. Got all the jobs done at the cottage, even got the ski-doo out for my dad. I really wanted to go waterskiing - it was that warm, but the boat is at the marina being winterized!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna