• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: Whitefish Ski In/Out Lodging

bsskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@sibhusky and all ye who may know ...

Regarding lodging, does the Village area provide more ski in/out options than the Base Lodge area? In addition, can someone provide the names of a couple of condos that would be considered ski in/out? Or, is there a better hotel option for my needs?

sibhusky

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes. But, there are some lodgings that are neither Base Lodge nor Village that have ski in/ski out.

It would help to know if you're going with small kids and people's ability levels. I can't understand your needs without more info. We always had a car before we moved here and stayed at the Hidden Moose. But that was pre-Covid.

Plus, remember I live here, so my lodging knowledge is limited. I'm sure central reservations can help better than I can.

If you plan to eat out, I'd stay closer to the Village Plaza area. Not only is that where the very few restaurants are but that is where the Snow Bus stops. There are NO evening restaurants by the Base Lodge. If you plan to do all your own cooking then look at trail maps. Ski in ≠ ski out for all locations.

sibhusky

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If you can afford it, Morning Eagle is right in the heart of the action and truly ski-in/ski-out.

It would be easiest for me if you narrow down the location you're thinking of and I can tell you what I know.

Also what month you are thinking of going.
webmaps_regions-0_overview.gif

bsskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just DH and myself. This would be a exploratory visit to get 3-4 days on snow before/after Christmas or beginning of February and peek around the area. Not sure if we'd rent a car or depend on shuttles. We're not into gnarly terrain. I prefer blues, easier blacks and open bump fields. I avoid steeps and traverses. DH likes to explore.

I like the idea of a condo where I can do the cooking and easily get on and off the hill. I have seen Morning Eagle and Edelweiss in my early searching. Perhaps they fit the bill best. This set up is more COVID-19 friendly too.

On the other hand, we're open to staying in the town at a hotel close to local watering holes.

sibhusky

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Before or during Christmas can mean thin cover on a trail called Home Again, which is used by many of the condos.

Edelweiss is on the older side. Not all the units are in tip top shape from what I've heard. Some are, some aren't. Their price vs. Morning Eagle will probably reflect that. I don't have recent info on a "good" unit at Edelweiss.

You'll be happy with the terrain. If your hushand likes off piste, wait until later when the stumps will be well-covered. Beginning of February would be perfect.

Be aware that if it hasn't been cold enough to freeze over the lake we do get fog.That can happen before Christmas, but you never know.

bsskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thank you very much for sharing this information. Morning Eagle has in unit W/D so I need not look further. Now, let's pray everyone behaves across the country so we can ski.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna