• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Whiteface Mtn - recommendation for snowboard instructor?

juneblue

Diva in Training
Hi, I'm taking my kids skiing at Whiteface, Lake Placid next week. My 12yo son is interested in switching to snowboard. Can anyone recommend an instructor there who is good with shy, sensitive kids?

marzNC

Angel Diva
Sorry, can't help with names for snowboard instructors at Whiteface.

Are you aware of how instructor certification works for PSIA-AAIS? Around here, we mostly discuss ski instructor training and certification. The same standards exist for AAIS (American Assoc. of Snowboard Instructors). There is the same requirements for Children's Specialst I/II for AAIS as PSIA. I watched a CS I training clinic at my home mountain several years ago. The trainer was on a board and the clinic participants were a mix of skiers and boarders.

You could call the snowsports school and request a AAIS L2/3 instructor. The more info you can provide about your son, the easier it will be for him to be matched with a good instructor. They want you to be a satisfied customer at the end of the lesson. My impression is that simply mentioning AAIS lets the person on the phone know you are a well-informed parent.

Emski528

Angel Diva
I also can’t help with names but we just left Whiteface and had a wonderful few ski days there. We arrived at 8:20 each morning and parked next to the lodge in the Bear Den lot. Super easy to get to our “car lodge”. We saw a few lesson groups that looked very happy and friendly/smiling instructors talking with parents. Everyone seemed calm and happy (at other mtns the lesson area is often so chaotic). I hope you have a great time!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly