• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Whiteface Mid Station Lodge on fire

Tvan

Angel Diva
Wow - glad noone was hurt. Pity to lose a lodge at the start of the season.

Mary Tee

Angel Diva
There were 2 restaurants in that building. My guess would be that something was not shut down.

SierraLuLu

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Very sad. I have family that skis at Whiteface every day and got to spend some time at the mid station last year.

Randi M.

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh my goodness! That’s quite a blaze. I’m glad nobody was hurt, but I’m also so sad — we’re heading to Whiteface in three weeks. It’s our third year in a row there.

newboots

Angel Diva
What a shame! A new lodge is being built around here (Killington) and while the old one is still in operation, it has really disrupted parking and getting around in that area. The lictures show the new one will be enormous.

So sad to lose a place where people had fun and have good memories.

marzNC

Angel Diva
So sad to lose a place where people had fun and have good memories.
The Whiteface mid-mountain lodge was pretty small. More of a big cabin than a true "lodge." What it was best for was warming up and using the restroom without having to go down to the base if the lines were long there. While it had food service, there weren't many tables. Assuming it's replaced by next season, other than real old timers most people won't miss it much.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna