• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Whiteface Conditions

Randi M.

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Does anyone know what’s happening at Whiteface? For a while now, the daily conditions report has said that only 30% of the mountain is open. Yet that same report says they’ve had 12 inches in the last 7 days and are blowing snow on a number of closed trails. Is it possible they’re just keeping portions of the mountain closed, even if skiable, until the holiday week due to staffing and other reasons? We’re headed up for a weeklong trip this Saturday and I really hope there’s enough terrain to ski.

marzNC

Angel Diva
The Whiteface pump house was damaged (lightning) in early November. Repairs were done but that definitely slowed down the process of building up the base all over the mountain.

Randi M.

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The Whiteface pump house was damaged (lightning) in early November. Repairs were done but that definitely slowed down the process of building up the base all over the mountain.

Oh nooooo. Is that completely unrelated to the fire? They’ve had a rough couple of months.

Randi M.

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Here at Whiteface now and they are handling it well. They’ve strategically opened different parts of the mountain and the guns are going full blast to get more opened. So far the Summit hasn’t been opened but the guns have been going for two days on Parrons Run, so I’m crossing my fingers!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly