• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Whistler Blackcomb and Epic

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It seems that the resorts along with the mass passes are all going this route--$$$ and profits take precedence over quality and skier experience. In general, it seems the US is also going this route; get less for more.

Christy

Angel Diva
I read some of the links the letter was responding to. Sounds like things have really gone downhill, from no soap in the bathrooms to less grooming* and broken down lifts. I haven't been since before Covid.

I imagine it's a lot tougher to pull together a Stevens Pass-style revolt that actually results in change when it's a destination resort and when the things that are wrong mean a poorer experience, but they don't mean restricted access.

*Crazy they don't groom Peak to Creek anymore. It's 11k long.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I can relate to this piece. When Vail bought my local mountain (Okemo), I was full of hope. I mean, this was a SKI COMPANY who knew how to operate a ski resort! Or so I thought. But I was wrong. For me -- and for many others in the local community -- it's been one screw-up after another. I've significantly reduced the time I spend there and instead ski at other places here in Vermont, which I think do a much better job. My husband is so disgusted he didn't even get an Epic pass this year, preferring to give Okemo a skip entirely. For me, it's hard since I live so close by. I keep hoping it'll get better, but that hasn't happened yet. So yeah, I get this. Unfortunately.

Last edited:

Jilly

Staff member
Last time I was at WB was the Epic/SkiTalk gathering. I remember riding the chair with SnowHot and her comment was - I'm so glad we got to ski this before Vail ruins it. I was "really". Ikon hadn't done that to Tremblant. It was better.

I'll be interested to talk a friend that is heading out next week. Her BF has never been, but she owns a condo there, so that's where vacay is this year. I hope I didn't taint it for him.

I know you'll have to pay me to go to WB again. There are too many neat areas in the interior of BC to explore and some need a revisit.

SkiBam

Angel Diva
I know you'll have to pay me to go to WB again. There are too many neat areas in the interior of BC to explore and some need a revisit.
Yup. Me too. Give me BC interior any time. My daughter and family are going to Sun Peaks next week (on my recommendation - hope they love it) and I'm a tad jealous!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna