• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Whiny post: lost weekend of skiing

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
Divas.
I am so bummed and feeling super whiny. My friends and family are amazing, so I’m trying to not direct this energy locally, but thought you would all understand, appreciate and commiserate.

On Wednesday, I was looking ahead at a Friday - Monday slate of skiing at least 3x. Friday night, when driving my son and his friend to have fun at the local hillock on a Friday night (might as well ski). Sunday for my weekly ski with family and friend. Monday during the day because I found out this week that we got Monday off. For context, it snowed 10” at the home hillock on Thursday and would warm up with rain in the coming week.

3 outings in 4 days. Sure, I had a cold, but I’d be fine.

Yesterday, during a virtual work meeting, I couldn’t stop sneezing. So, you know I did a self test (camera off, still paying attention) for COVID.

I feel like I‘ve set this up enough that you know the outcome. It lit up before the solution was even all the way up the cartridge. Like the blot took AS it passed the test line. Lit up like the 4th of July. So, no driving my son and his friend (tested him before he went, he was negative), husband got to go.
(FYI: Other child’s mom was informed of the situation and supported the decision)

From 3 to MAYBE 1. I leave for a work trip next week, so I can maybe squeeze in 1-2 next weekend, but otherwise our season is soon to be over. :(

newbieM

Angel Diva
Im so so so sorry! I would feel the same. My last day of skiing was also a bummer because of boot issues. It was a sucky way to end the season unless I manage another trip.

Wishing you a speedy recovery

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
Thank you all for the commiseration!!! It does help. Isolation is annoying, because I’m not great at not being busy… :smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna