• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Which Skis to Take?

BlizzardBabe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
A girl could have worse problems. I'm headed to Vail on March 18 and am trying to decide whether to take my Volkl Blaze 86s or my Stockli Nela 80s. I've skied several western resorts w/my Volkl's, but not the Nela's. I love both skis but find the narrower waist of the Nela's to be easier on my (aging) knees. Plus, I haven't had a chance to take them into the bumps yet since we've had such an abysmal (non-) winter in the mid-Atlantic. Before you say it ----- I don't want to lug both through the airport. :smile: Any recommendations?

MissySki

Angel Diva
A girl could have worse problems. I'm headed to Vail on March 18 and am trying to decide whether to take my Volkl Blaze 86s or my Stockli Nela 80s. I've skied several western resorts w/my Volkl's, but not the Nela's. I love both skis but find the narrower waist of the Nela's to be easier on my (aging) knees. Plus, I haven't had a chance to take them into the bumps yet since we've had such an abysmal (non-) winter in the mid-Atlantic. Before you say it ----- I don't want to lug both through the airport. :smile: Any recommendations?

I was just in Taos and brought the Volkl Blaze 86s, no regrets! They were fantastic in all of the steeps, bumps, and trees. We also had a powder day, and they did great there too. So my vote between the 2 would be that for versatility sake.. assuming you like to ski all of these different things while out there. :smile:

lisamamot

Angel Diva
trying to decide whether to take my Volkl Blaze 86s or my Stockli Nela 80s
If you prefer varied terrain, I would bring the Blaze 86. Several of us just skied them in Taos and they were so much fun. If you gravitate towards groomers it sounds like the Nela would be easier on your body. If you got a decent storm you could rent.

ride_ski

Angel Diva
I was one of those that just had the Volkl Blaze's in Taos. I was VERY happy with how they skied. So they would get my vote

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna