• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Help Needed: Which color scheme clashes least?

Which color pant clashes least with my jackets?

• Black

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • Rust

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Light Brown (Maize)

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Dark Brown (Cola)

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Woo hoo!
New jacket for you!

Hope so!

I know the Sentinel fit has changed slightly. I think that's the only one I'm likely to want. The fit is "relaxed" vs, say, the Ravenna, which is "trim." Honestly, if the Sentinel didn't fit, I don't know what I'd do. There's a store in Denver, so I may try to go Sunday to try the jackets on, if they have XL in stock.

CarverJill

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ummm $700 for a jacket?! Thats some nice customer service but man I could never pay that for a jacket.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ummm $700 for a jacket?! Thats some nice customer service but man I could never pay that for a jacket.

The MSRP was quite a bit lower when I bought it originally. Not cheap, for sure. The great thing about their customer service is that they take good care of you even if you didn't pay full price.

Jenny

Angel Diva
Well, it was CAD not USD, but I know what you mean. I also don't get to use my ski jackets anywhere near as much as some others, though, so the calculation is different.

kiki

Angel Diva
Update: I LOVE my new bibs, not just a superficial lust, this is full blown head-over-heels, Prince-Charming-to-the rescue kind of love. They fit like a glove...actually I don't own gloves that fit this well. And I actually really like the color, especially with my shell. It gets a solid C+ with my down jacket; doesn't clash, but doesn't really match either.

Pic from the weekend. Just ignore the awkward skier and enjoy the beauty of the bibs :becky:

View attachment 7631
What a great shot!

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Arcteryx offer: WOW!

And I'm impressed that they examined the whole jacket, rather than just saying, oh, the things you described aren't covered.

I'll admit I'm actually disappointed that those aren't covered on such an expensive jacket, though.

It may be of interest that my jacket was made in Canada.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
What are you going to do if you can't find one? Will you have a store credit on Arc Teryx website? Are they sending your jacket back to you?

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Okay, I drove all the way to the Arc'teryx store in Denver!

I tried on both the Sentinel (ski specific shell) and the Fission SV (synthetic insulated jacket, not ski specific) with my usual ski base layer and mid layer.

They both fit a little tighter than I would like - specifically, the Sentinel is tighter around the hips than I would like. I also don't have as much freedom of motion in the arms, although it's unlikely I would ever notice while skiing. I *think* this is a fit change from before. I thought the Sentinel fit a little better (weird, since the Fission SV is expedition fit), and it has an arm pocket, so I chose to order the Sentinel. I guess I can compare its fit to the Patagonia and make a decision then. I didn't bring ski pant layers to see how that would work. The Sentinel does have a phenomenal face zip - possibly even higher than my old jacket. I love being able to tuck my face into the front of the jacket on windy lift rides and expose no skin.

I'm glad I checked out the colors, too. In person, I liked the blue a lot better than I do on the site, so that's what I ordered. My favorite shell pants are dark plum - the true purple would have been a little much on top of that.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Plum pants & blue jacket seem Skittle-ish to me, which I like, and I think you like. Pictures after your final answer, please! :thumbsup:

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Plum pants & blue jacket seem Skittle-ish to me, which I like, and I think you like. Pictures after your final answer, please! :thumbsup:

What makes you think I like Skittles colors?

wlFvj9u.jpg

(Me with new helmet and Patagonia jacket)

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
BTW, what kind of helmet are you wearing? I like it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly