• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Help Needed: Which color scheme clashes least?

Which color pant clashes least with my jackets?

• Black

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • Rust

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Light Brown (Maize)

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Dark Brown (Cola)

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters

newboots

Angel Diva
How funny! I fell in love with the clean, uncluttered look of the Absolute Joys! I can imagine how much easier they are to find, though.

Sitting here waiting for my new skis since last week, daily checking STP tracking for an arrival date, had given me too much time to think about it! I'm sure after a half-hour of skiing, the color won't matter. As you say, covered with snow!

elemmac

Angel Diva
And a picture of my ski jacket:

That's an awesome jacket newboots! Both in a "I love the way it looks", and a "it's technically a fantastic jacket". I actually bought the Brigandine pants in that color last year...but they didn't fit right, way too tight in the hips. And congrats on your first pair of skis, super exciting.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Love the jacket, @newboots , and congrats on scoring a great deal on the skis! By the way, the Ski Diva sticker is purple, if you wanted to cover up the red. :wink:

newboots

Angel Diva
That's an awesome jacket newboots! Both in a "I love the way it looks", and a "it's technically a fantastic jacket". I actually bought the Brigandine pants in that color last year...but they didn't fit right, way too tight in the hips. And congrats on your first pair of skis, super exciting.

I scored on that jacket last year - past-season deal at Marshall's. It is a great jacket, and I'm managing to get over the red/black skis vs. purple/yellow (and pink liner) jacket. I think the excitement of new skis was starting to bubble over into unnecessary buying! This group, usually such enablers of spending down your retirement savings for new gear, teased me back into common sense. Thanks, friends!

Keepur

Certified Ski Diva
Don't worry, soon enough you'll have a quiver of skis, and one of them is bound to match a jacket or two. No need to rush into these kind of things.:wink:

I'm a little late to the thread, but yes! What happens when you want another pair of skis? :wink:

I also shouldn't be commenting on matching colors, because I currently look like Barney. (On the search for light gray pants that fit)

IMG_20170330_162839_052.jpg

Congrats on the new skis, @newboots !

newboots

Angel Diva
I'm a little late to the thread, but yes! What happens when you want another pair of skis? :wink:

I also shouldn't be commenting on matching colors, because I currently look like Barney. (On the search for light gray pants that fit)

View attachment 7642

Congrats on the new skis, @newboots !

The black and purple look great! I wear plenty of black and gray professionally, but I like some color on the hill. Hopefully the snowboarders can see me!

newboots

Angel Diva
I know you are all going to be very relieved about this. Depending on the light, the red-and-black skis almost look pink and purple. With more light, it's definitely red, but this does mean that the clash with my purple jacket will not create agony for me on the hill!

Aren't you glad I put everybody through this? (You'll know now to ignore me in the future.)

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This thread reminds me that I haven't heard back from Arc'teryx yet. They'd said I should hear by yesterday. But ... it's unlikely they simply lost my jacket in the pile, so it probably wouldn't do any good to call ... at least for a few more days. The description of the piles of clothes they had to evaluate sounded ... daunting.

newboots

Angel Diva
0F1B7959-54E1-4C5F-8414-569973AB610E.jpeg

Sorry sideways iPhone pic. The color looks odd in this picture - the pink is brighter than it looks here, as is the purple.

Last edited:

newboots

Angel Diva
This thread reminds me that I haven't heard back from Arc'teryx yet. They'd said I should hear by yesterday. But ... it's unlikely they simply lost my jacket in the pile, so it probably wouldn't do any good to call ... at least for a few more days. The description of the piles of clothes they had to evaluate sounded ... daunting.

They need a little more time, more than likely. You can hang in there!

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I knew it would be worth the wait.

Just received this.

I've just assessed your jacket here at the Arc'teryx Warranty and Repair center and I see the abrasion on the shoulder, along with the fabric fading. Normally these two things are not covered under warranty, however, I am also seeing that the layers of the Gore-Tex fabric have begun to separate from each other, specifically around the cuffs. This is considered to be a fabric defect, but it cannot be repaired. For this reason, I would like to offer you a full replacement under warranty.

Please take a look at the current colour selection for this garment through the link below, if it says we have the size and color you would prefer in stock, I will be able to send this out to you.

https://arcteryx.com/ca/en/shop/womens/sentinel-jacket

Feel free to browse our entire collection and if your chosen replacement is more expensive than what I've offered, you'll just need to pay the difference. I strongly suggest making your way to a local Arc'teryx dealer to try on the new models.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns and contact me directly to place your order. When confirming your choice, please confirm your size, color, and shipping address.

Tvan

Angel Diva
I knew it would be worth the wait.

Please take a look at the current colour selection for this garment through the link below, if it says we have the size and color you would prefer in stock, I will be able to send this out to you.

https://arcteryx.com/ca/en/shop/womens/sentinel-jacket

1. WOW!!!!!!!
2. That yellow color is AWESOME (said the person with orange and purple flowered ski pants)
3. What color did you decide on?

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
1. WOW!!!!!!!
2. That yellow color is AWESOME (said the person with orange and purple flowered ski pants)
3. What color did you decide on?

I haven't chosen any - I'd like to try the new cut on at the store in Denver - but the yellow is sold out in my size, anyway!

I like the Dahlia.

Yeah, that or blue seem like the two possibilities. The blue looks kinda meh.

The Ravenna looks intriguing, if it isn't *too* slim fit - also has a purple - but I'm not sure if it comes down as far on the leg? I like long jackets.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly