• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Help Needed: Which color scheme clashes least?

Which color pant clashes least with my jackets?

• Black

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • Rust

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Light Brown (Maize)

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Dark Brown (Cola)

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The black is definitely safest - but after years and years of black pants, I'm also allergic to that color.

If it were just the down jacket, I'd go "cola."

If it were just the shell, I'd go rust.

... any room in the budget for two pairs of pants? I mean, you never know when you'll tear one! (This has happened to me ... repeatedly ... )

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
It depends. I agree with @VickiK - I like black pants and a wardrobe without them is simply incomplete - likewise for the little black dress in non skiing wear. I am not thrilled by any of those colors, but would probably vote for the maize as long as it is more on the yellow/mustard side and less on the brown. Otherwise, the rust is the next best if you want to avoid black. The advantage of black is that anything else- you buy in the future - will go with it. I have two pairs of black, one turquoise, a pink, a berry, and a new sea foam. I wear the black and the turquoise the most.
Good point on the little black dress..The last pair of black ski pants I wore had silver stars down the sides.. I got so many compliments on them but alas they fell apart.. They're in my avatar...

elemmac

Angel Diva
... any room in the budget for two pairs of pants? I mean, you never know when you'll tear one! (This has happened to me ... repeatedly ... )

Haha, I wish! There may be room for two pairs, but probably not for two of those pairs. But I suppose it helps that these won't be my only pants either. I did ask myself if I should get a new jacket... But...I got both of these two last year, so can't justify a replacement quite yet.

mountainwest

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I voted for the mustard color. It's complementary, and will give you a little more visibility on the slopes. (Not sure if that's an issue for you, but it gets super foggy here often, and I've found that the more visible I am, the better!)

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Excellent point. Get a bright green helmet like my new one (the orange in my avatar quickly faded - hoping the green will last longer!).

CarverJill

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Honestly I wouldn't get any of those, even the black looks bad IMO. With those jackets you need bright pants; blue, purple, maybe a print. I also fit better into mens clothing but pass it up all time due to the color choices. I say look for another brand that has better color options. If I HAD to choose (like they were free or something like that) I'd opt for the light brown but be prepared for everyone to assume are male.

elemmac

Angel Diva
Honestly I wouldn't get any of those, even the black looks bad IMO. With those jackets you need bright pants; blue, purple, maybe a print. I also fit better into mens clothing but pass it up all time due to the color choices. I say look for another brand that has better color options. If I HAD to choose (like they were free or something like that) I'd opt for the light brown but be prepared for everyone to assume are male.

If anyone think's I'm a man from my attire, when they see my long curly hair flowing out from my helmet...they'll be like, "Oh, that's not a dude... that chick can RIP!" :rotf:.

I've done some more browsing, and it doesn't really seem that many companies are making technical women's bibs. A lot of them that are called "bibs" come up to just under the boobs and have suspenders...not what I'm looking for. So, with the thought process that I really liked the way these fit...I'm diving in.

Thanks everyone for voting, and making me overthink things more than I usually do. Here's where I'm at, if it were just my down jacket, I'd go with the Cola, if it were just my shell, I'd probably go Rust. But for the sake of having a little color, and a compromise on having them look okay with both jackets...I'm gonna order the Maize. I'll keep you guys posted with some "real life" photos when I get them. Thanks again!

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm curious. What's the advantage of the bib? They hang down in the bathroom and get in the way. And we women do have waistlines, usually, so we don't need suspenders or bibs to hold the pants up. So why a bib? Just curious.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm curious. What's the advantage of the bib? They hang down in the bathroom and get in the way. And we women do have waistlines, usually, so we don't need suspenders or bibs to hold the pants up. So why a bib? Just curious.

For me -

No risk of getting cold air up the back
Warmer core
No pressure on the belly from a belt -- for me this is huge. So much more comfy.

For me, the front of the pants tend to get stuck below my belly. It's just not that comfortable, especially with a belt buckle.

CrystalRose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

1. As someone with really long legs, I like bibs because I don't have to worry (as much) if they will be long enough.

2. I also like that they are a little warmer...

3. Most importantly, it's the only time I can relive my 90s youth and bring back the overalls look!
90s-overalls.jpg

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

The only bibs I ever had were full side zip, which meant that I didn't have to do any unlayering to pee. It was amazing (especially since I wore them when I was pregnant and I had to pee A LOT). They have a velcro/button at the top of the waist that you undo and then zip down go the pants. Seriously a life changer. I would never get a pair of bibs that isnt full side zip.

elemmac

Angel Diva
Update: I LOVE my new bibs, not just a superficial lust, this is full blown head-over-heels, Prince-Charming-to-the rescue kind of love. They fit like a glove...actually I don't own gloves that fit this well. And I actually really like the color, especially with my shell. It gets a solid C+ with my down jacket; doesn't clash, but doesn't really match either.

Pic from the weekend. Just ignore the awkward skier and enjoy the beauty of the bibs :becky:

IMG_6535.JPG

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@elemmac first of all, AWESOME pic!
Also, may I intrude on your thread to ask similar advice? I have this, bought on mega-sale at STP:
Screenshot 2017-11-07 07.53.30-1.png

And I didn't realize how hard it is to find pants that go with it.
So I ordered these:
Screenshot 2017-11-10 08.04.59.png
And figured they were pretty neutral. But then when I checked the color on the Strafe site, the pants evidently look like this:
Screenshot 2017-11-13 04.02.34.png

Which I think is way too "matchy-matchy."

I'm thinking I'll return the olive-green pants when they arrive. Any advice on a color that would work? Thanks!

newboots

Angel Diva
I'm thinking I'll return the olive-green pants when they arrive. Any advice on a color that would work? Thanks!

I like the tan in the first picture of the pants. That would work well, if you can find some that actually look like the pic!

@elemmac - Looks wonderful!

I am going to post my own color dilemma below. Hijacking SallyCat's hijack.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
@elemmac first of all, AWESOME pic!
Also, may I intrude on your thread to ask similar advice? I have this, bought on mega-sale at STP:
View attachment 7636

And I didn't realize how hard it is to find pants that go with it.
So I ordered these:
View attachment 7637
And figured they were pretty neutral. But then when I checked the color on the Strafe site, the pants evidently look like this:
View attachment 7638

Which I think is way too "matchy-matchy."

How about a tan-ish khaki?

newboots

Angel Diva
I have a new color dilemma! I jumped in with both feet and bought skis (also a bargain on STP).

Here they are (2016-17 Blizzard Quattro 72 at 153 cm):

Quattros.jpg

And a picture of my ski jacket:

brigandine.png

Clearly, this purple jacket is NOT going to be quite right for these red-and-black skis. I have light gray ski pants, very neutral. Dear BF has a lovely black jacket with red trim; hmm, wonder if it fits?

I'm not crazy about red and black, though. I want a bright color, so I'm not mistaken for snow or a tree. Not sure I want to be mistaken for a giant red thing, though. Any color ideas?

Thanks, ladies!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly