• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Help Needed: Which color scheme clashes least?

Which color pant clashes least with my jackets?

• Black

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • Rust

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Light Brown (Maize)

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Dark Brown (Cola)

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters

elemmac

Angel Diva
Alright ladies...I need some help. I had my heart set on the Flylow Foxy Bib, until I tried them on. They're just not made for people with thighs. After the initial disappointment, I tried on the men's Baker bib, just for kicks, and surprise...love it! They may not be the most flattering pants I've ever owned, but they're comfortable, they fit and not restrictive at all.

They only had one color at the store that IMO would have clashed so bad with both of my jackets (this is coming from someone that has never ordered any ski gear because it "matches"). And actually all of the colors available aren't exactly ideal matches to my two coats I wear most...

Need your votes, each column has my down jacket at the top, a color available in the Baker bib, and then my shell jacket. Which color clashes least?
FullSizeRender.jpg

Jenny

Angel Diva
I'd go with the black, only because I hate all of the other colors.

You need some colorful base layers . . .

CrystalRose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This is a hard one... with the helmet I almost lean to the light brown because it seems to match the tan/brown in the helmet. But if you want to play it safe, I agree with black. Is it one of those things where the color online looks different in person? Could you order more than one and return what you don't like? I only do this if I can return it to a store or there's free returns.

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Which jacket are you most likely to wear with the bibs?

Sure black is safe. But the trendier colors are the Maize and the Rust.

Are you ok in all brown? Since it appears from your avatar that you are in the trees a lot, I voted for the Maize b/c you need something to stand out thats not a tree color :wink:

Oh and btw everyone is making BIBs this season, even Roxy! maybe you have some other brand choices?

elemmac

Angel Diva
Life's too short for black pants.

This is partially why I haven't ordered yet...haha. I haven't had black pants in...I don't know how long...and I'm not sure I'm ready to go back to them. Black is safe though.

Is it one of those things where the color online looks different in person? Could you order more than one and return what you don't like? I only do this if I can return it to a store or there's free returns.

The only one that doesn't really look like what it does online is the yellow-ish/light brown color...it's more of a "carhartt" color, where I think it looks a bit more yellow on the screen. My jacket is a a bit more purple than what the photo shows (it's called plum). I think the bibs are close enough in color to what they show online (based on seeing other models of jackets/pants in the store), that I'll probably just order whatever the final decision is.

Which jacket are you most likely to wear with the bibs?

This is a good point...probably more likely to wear my shell with the bibs, they'll be great for hiking in since they're just a shell themselves. Or when it's snowing...for obvious reasons. My down coat is water resistant, and does a pretty good job with dry snow, but not something I'll be wearing when it's really wet out.

Are you ok in all brown? Since it appears from your avatar that you are in the trees a lot, I voted for the Maize b/c you need something to stand out thats not a tree color :wink:

If my jacket was more brown...I think I would be okay with it...but it's called "plum" so definitely has a purple tint to it. As long as the trees are open...that's where I am, so I like this thought process!

Oh and btw everyone is making BIBs this season, even Roxy! maybe you have some other brand choices?

Maybe I'll shop around a bit more. But after I tried these guys on, I really liked the way they fit. And soooooo many women's pants are made for the tall and skinny. When I started searching online, it was pretty often I see "model is 5'9" and wearing a small"...are you serious!?! 5'9" is the new small?

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I like the contrast between the brown shell and the maize/mustard bibs. I also like the perky purple zips of the down jacket with the maize, am not too troubled by the rest of gray in the jacket. So to me with this combo, you can wear the down + bibs, the shell + bibs, or all 3 together IMHO. And your helmet will be fine with all that too. I generally like black pants but not with a brown shell.

Speaking of black pants, why this backlash against them? I've seen it elsewhere too. To me, they're slimming and go with everything. It's like this bias against skiing "only" groomers.

newboots

Angel Diva
I voted for black, but as I look at these more and more I'm beginning to like the rust.

elemmac

Angel Diva
Being 5'9" - where are you finding all these too-long-for-you pants?

Not necessarily too long...but I think I saw it on TNF as well as Patagonia, that they gave the stats of their models while wearing the advertised pant/jacket/etc, and they were all 5'9" wearing a small. TNF makes a "long" pant...if that helps.

Speaking of black pants, why this backlash against them? I've seen it elsewhere too. To me, they're slimming and go with everything. It's like this bias against skiing "only" groomers.

For me, I generally just like color, always have, even if they're muted or earth tones. But black does have its perks. It's extremely versatile, and it is a slimming color...can't hate that. But in the end...I'm normally drawn to color.

mustski

Angel Diva
It depends. I agree with @VickiK - I like black pants and a wardrobe without them is simply incomplete - likewise for the little black dress in non skiing wear. I am not thrilled by any of those colors, but would probably vote for the maize as long as it is more on the yellow/mustard side and less on the brown. Otherwise, the rust is the next best if you want to avoid black. The advantage of black is that anything else- you buy in the future - will go with it. I have two pairs of black, one turquoise, a pink, a berry, and a new sea foam. I wear the black and the turquoise the most.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly