• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Help Needed: Which color scheme clashes least?

Which color pant clashes least with my jackets?

• Black

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • Rust

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Light Brown (Maize)

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Dark Brown (Cola)

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I have a new color dilemma! I jumped in with both feet and bought skis (also a bargain on STP).

Here they are (2016-17 Blizzard Quattro 72 at 153 cm):

View attachment 7639

And a picture of my ski jacket:

View attachment 7640

Clearly, this purple jacket is NOT going to be quite right for these red-and-black skis. I have light gray ski pants, very neutral. Dear BF has a lovely black jacket with red trim; hmm, wonder if it fits?

I'm not crazy about red and black, though. I want a bright color, so I'm not mistaken for snow or a tree. Not sure I want to be mistaken for a giant red thing, though. Any color ideas?

Thanks, ladies!
Wait you want your jacket to match your skis?:smile:

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@elemmac nice pic!

@SallyCat if your going to match, should be purple pants to make a solid line. The two tone looks good w/ the bottom of the jacket matching the pant. See, now you have to buy the Strafe pants ;) Could see khaki also.

So..... is there going to be "I'm such a Color Coordinated Skier Slut" thread?

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So..... is there going to be "I'm such a Color Coordinated Skier Slut" thread?
Ech, not me. I hate being coordinated. Northeast weather is so fickle, I like to be able to grab whatever works for the conditions and not worry too much about color clashing or matching.

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@SallyCat --- Oh but you can .... strategically make sure that everything you have co ordinates in some way.....
use your color wheel to be your guide :wink: easy to have pants and jackets that can mix and match.....

newboots

Angel Diva
Wait you want your jacket to match your skis?:smile:

My question, too. That's a bridge too far! :becky:

Hey! I just don't want it to clash! Purple with yellow zippers on the jacket, black and red on the skis? Yuk.

Okay, maybe I am going too far. After all, the point of buying those skis was at least partly the bargain price.

But then, I remembered this jacket from the slut thread:

igneo.jpg

OH yeah! NOW tell me my purple jacket will do just fine!

This is the OR Igneo jacket on STP for $119.

newboots

Angel Diva
Thanks, @WaterGirl! I wasn't feeling the love until you chimed in!

My gray pants will go with anything, I think. They're the color of a cloudy day. And isn't that Igneo jacket amazing? I was drooling when someone posted it on the jacket-slut thread.

I'm supposed to be economizing . . .

newboots

Angel Diva
Well, yeah. Any color you might find on a Skittle (see profile pic) ;-)

And your skis should be covered in a layer of snow, anyway, so their color doesn't matter!

True. I should calm down. I do love that Skittles Igneo jacket, though!

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
True. I should calm down. I do love that Skittles Igneo jacket, though!

If you stick around here, more likely than not you'll have a quiver of skis. So either you'll have to deal with skis not matching jacket - or you'll have to have a jacket for every pair of skis =)

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Hey! I just don't want it to clash! Purple with yellow zippers on the jacket, black and red on the skis? Yuk.

Okay, maybe I am going too far. After all, the point of buying those skis was at least partly the bargain price.

But then, I remembered this jacket from the slut thread:

View attachment 7641

OH yeah! NOW tell me my purple jacket will do just fine!

This is the OR Igneo jacket on STP for $119.
It's only $119? Maybe you should get it.. Certainly you need more than one jacket. BTW my orange Blizzard Sambas go with nothing... Now my new Black Crows might look good with some things I have....:smile:

newboots

Angel Diva
It's only $119? Maybe you should get it.. Certainly you need more than one jacket. BTW my orange Blizzard Sambas go with nothing... Now my new Black Crows might look good with some things I have....:smile:

Yes, only $119. I see it for $349 at Moosejaw.

Part of the problem is I strongly dislike the black and red topsheet design. So nobody can accuse me of choosing the skis because they are pretty! . . . The purple jacket isn't going to improve the look.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes, only $119. I see it for $349 at Moosejaw.

Part of the problem is I strongly dislike the black and red topsheet design. So nobody can accuse me of choosing the skis because they are pretty! . . . The purple jacket isn't going to improve the look.

I endorse getting a jacket if you want to get a jacket - but no one is going to see anything amiss with a purple jacket and red/black skis !

CarverJill

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I don't match my skis to my jacket or other ski clothing but I do tend to get skis that are in a a range of colors that tend to match my clothing. Neutral skis are best but there are definitely some skis out there I would not get because of the colors on them. I'm not sure if it truly has to do with matching my outfit or just comes down to really disliking certain colors.

and @SallyCat I think grey pants would go just as well with the purple/green jacket as tan.

newboots

Angel Diva
I didn't like the colors on my season-rental skis last year very much, but after awhile they just looked like "mine" - and I didn't mind them so much. These are basically black with the red design toward the tip. It shouldn't matter once I get a chance to ski on them!

Of course, they could look awesome with that jacket . . . (confessed slut)

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

Totally teasing!! :bounce:

Plus if we meet you'll know that I have ZERO authority from which to speak on matters of fashion! Left to my 'druthers, the only clothing I'd own would be jeans, some thrift-shop flannel shirts, and flip flops.

elemmac

Angel Diva
Also, may I intrude on your thread to ask similar advice?

Intrude away! Not that I have a choice at this point. Hehehe. For what it's worth, I think I kind of like the green/purple/green combo. Get a bright yellow pair of mittens to throw in an extra pop, and there you go. But, if you must rebel against the matching, tan, grey, navy...actually the color of my new pants would look good with that. All would look good without going full blown matchy.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
And your skis should be covered in a layer of snow, anyway, so their color doesn't matter!
That's exactly what I was going to say! Glad I read further down the thread before posting.

If you don't like the colours, add your own. I thought the all white of my Absolute Joys was too dull, so now they have pink flower stickers on them (limited choices at Five Below) and I can find them easily in a full ski rack.

Early last season I was walking by the ski check at Wawa and the attendant commented on how my skis (Elan Pure Magic) were a perfect match for my jacket. I hadn't even noticed before, but lo and behold the salmon and purple in my new jacket made it look like I had planned it that way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly