• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Which CO 2011/12 Season Pass ?

1Koolemom

Certified Ski Diva
Hello Ski Divas?

I have read the past posts on Colorado changes to Ski Passes costs & am wanting to purchase for myself & 2 Teens 14,16 & College Student. Based on Costs as we have only skied @ Monarch, Copper, Keystone, Cooper & Loveland (which they hated), 1 have snowboarded w/friends @ Eldora how do I decide. We are Military but the Military bases won't get the Season Pass Dsct Information on Passes until close to 2011-12 Season begins.

Should I get 4 Pack Passes @ several until later in the year at least? I know most of you have in the past know how costs have increased. We have this year gone to the slopes 2 x per month & it has added up and my 14 yr old turns 15 mid August. so cost will be increasing per ticket.

I am overwhelmed when I look at individual web pages the past several days so I am asking all the pros on Ski Diva.

Thx.

:grouphug:

newskier378

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well you probably know this, but I wanted to point out that for your college aged child the copper winter park pass has a college discount and so does Eldora. For college students it's only 319 to get the copper/winter park pass not sure about the Eldora price.

Allie

Certified Ski Diva
Purchased the WB 2011/2012 Seasons Pass

I tried to post a new thread but I couldn't get past the sign-in page.

I bought a Season's Pass for the 2011/2012 ski season for Whistler Blackcomb. I also got the spring add-in for $49. The season's pass was $1199 plus taxes.

Last season about this time I couldn't decide between a 10 day edge card or season's pass. I ended up only skiing 11 days this year. I will probably get 4 or 5 more days in tops to the season's end.

I didn't take one lesson this year due to several poor lesson experiences in the spring last year. It just put me right-off taking lessons at Whistler Blackcomb. I will give lessons another try next season...maybe at Crystal or a week long trip to the interior.

I figure having a season's pass will encourage me to ski more often than I have this season. Certainly my skiing has improved a lot but has a lot more room for improvement too.

What did you decide to do in Colorado 1koolemom? Anyone else purchase their pass for next year?

I should also echo that it is cheaper for university students to purchase their season's pass in the fall here in the PNW as well. Almost all the mountains have a student deal of some sort.

1Koolemom

Certified Ski Diva
I have almost 1 wk to decide before 24th deadline i think,. My 16 & 14 y/o want a Copper Mtn pass @$299 each vs the 4 Pack Pass each $139/ even though we also ski @ Keystone which no prices for there 4 Pack cost is yet but Teen Season is $379. So I am gonna to buy 1 & a 4 Pack & give as a birthday gift n Oct/ or August. :eyebrows: The Season Pass fees are new to me & these costs wow add up, I am suprised how much yours cost.

How do you know if you get $ worth based on times you go to slopes per year? Whats a good #?
Thanks

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have no feedback for you, other than this Air Force spouse (retirement is nearing!) is very envious of you living there! We keep trying to PCS there or to Ogden, and they keep sending us to places we don't ask to go to. I keep telling my husband to put in his final transfer to the Springs so we can retire there...his job now should help with that, but we'll see. In the meantime, enjoy all that world-class skiing so close. I am incredibly jealous!

1Koolemom

Certified Ski Diva
Thank you & Good luck to you all where the Air Force finally sends you. (As long as we are together is all that matters) is what our family has said after 6 PCS's. :smile:

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have almost 1 wk to decide before 24th deadline i think,. My 16 & 14 y/o want a Copper Mtn pass @$299 each vs the 4 Pack Pass each $139/ even though we also ski @ Keystone which no prices for there 4 Pack cost is yet but Teen Season is $379. So I am gonna to buy 1 & a 4 Pack & give as a birthday gift n Oct/ or August. :eyebrows: The Season Pass fees are new to me & these costs wow add up, I am suprised how much yours cost.

How do you know if you get $ worth based on times you go to slopes per year? Whats a good #?
Thanks
What 24th deadline?

As far as getting your money's worth, just calculate out what a lift ticket would cost (Copper is around $90 right?) and how many days you would come out even. I think it's around 4. So if you ski 5+ times you will pay less than buying a window rate ticket. Each additional day is a bonus. I've done somewhere around 18 at Copper (free pass for coaching) and 15 at Vail resorts (paid for the Epic Pass) and both have paid off long ago.

For next year I'll do the Epic Local pass and then get the Copper pass for coaching.

1Koolemom

Certified Ski Diva
April 24th Deadline, I referred to is Copper's Spring Purchase Season Pass Deadline on the web but I have to go up in Person since we haven't had it before the C/S Agent said.

Jilly

Staff member
Wow, you guys don't know how good you've got it.

Senior pass before June 1st at Tremblant (over 65) $699
Adult pass before June 1st $ 1,099

You need 20 days to break even on the adult pass alone.

Allie - maybe you can join us at the Roxy ski camp in WB next winter.

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wow, you guys don't know how good you've got it.

Senior pass before June 1st at Tremblant (over 65) $699
Adult pass before June 1st $ 1,099

You need 20 days to break even on the adult pass alone.

Allie - maybe you can join us at the Roxy ski camp in WB next winter.
Actually, I think most of us do know since it's pointed out to us regularly. It's also part of the reason I live here. :wink:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna