• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Where to start with boots?

Candebsna

Certified Ski Diva
I'm an intermediate skier with really old, too big boots. I just realized that my boots might be holding me back. I didn't think size mattered here! My foot slips a bit and my toes have a lot of room. So anyway, thinking about getting a new pair with all the sales going on. Where do I start? I'm 5'8' 165, blue run skier in Mammoth mostly. I don't know if my skill level is at the point that warrants a fancy fitting...

marzNC

Angel Diva
Where do I start? I'm 5'8' 165, blue run skier in Mammoth mostly. I don't know if my skill level is at the point that warrants a fancy fitting...
Welcome! Several Mammoth Divas around . . . @mustski , @skibum4ever come to mind.

I was an intermediate for a few decades when I didn't ski that often. Too busy with work mostly and don't live close to any big mountains. However, I invested in ski boots early on. Continued to rent skis until I was skiing regularly enough to make it worth lugging a ski bag to the airport. If you have the budget for boots, go for it! Note that "new old stock" from an experienced boot fitter is just fine. No need to spend more for the last model year. Key is to get recommendations for a boot fitter.

Why YOU (yes, you) need a boot fitting! - in Gearipedia section

fgor

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Good luck with the new boot search! I'm also an intermediate skier and upgraded my boots this year, as my old ones were also too big. I went down a length and also down two widths and my feet are so much happier :smile: It's absolutely worthwhile!

mustski

Angel Diva
Welcome. Your best bet in Mammoth is Footloose sports and ask for Kevin. He's been there for a very long time and is very good. A bootfitter is definitely the best way to go because he/she can diagnose your foot size and shape and then take care of any little niggly things that annoy you once you get out on the snow. A well footed boot is worth every dime. At this point in the year, they won't have much in the way of stock. It's probably better to wait until fall when they get the new stock in. Be honest about the type of skiing you currently do and what progress you are hoping for.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
+1 to what @mustski said. I can also recommend Rayna at Footloose as a source of good advice.

P.S.Welcome to Ski Divas! I'm also a Mammoth skier.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna