• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Where to sell skis?

jbird

Diva in Training
Apologies if this isn't the right place, but I have a new set of Nordica SA 93 skis and bindings I can no longer return and I'd like to sell them, but aside from Facebook marketplace (ugh) am not sure of a good place to do that online. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Jilly

Staff member
One of many places. Do you have a local ski lodge that has a memo board or "for sale" board? Ski swaps are mostly done for the year at this point, if they were even done with Covid restrictions.

I don't see where you are from, but in Canada MEC (our version of REI) has a used for sale section on their website.

MissySki

Angel Diva
You can list them here on the site, once you have 25 posts. There's a sale and swap thread in the Divas only section.

Christy

Angel Diva
I hear that. I've actually only ever sold skis at an annual ski swap near me. Drop it off and forget about it. :smile:

I always mean to do that, but every year I miss the swaps. Drop off and forget does have its advantages over meeting a stranger, though I've never had any issues (I did have one woman who wanted to meet in a public parking lot, which is understandable).

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Apologies if this isn't the right place, but I have a new set of Nordica SA 93 skis and bindings I can no longer return and I'd like to sell them, but aside from Facebook marketplace (ugh) am not sure of a good place to do that online. Any suggestions? Thanks!
What size ? What kind of bindings? BSL ?

MissySki

Angel Diva
I always mean to do that, but every year I miss the swaps. Drop off and forget does have its advantages over meeting a stranger, though I've never had any issues (I did have one woman who wanted to meet in a public parking lot, which is understandable).

I live in a small town with the police station a couple of miles away. They actually have a signed meetup spot right out front for selling things online. Sold my paddleboard this summer and that's where we met. The woman who came was really appreciative of the idea of this public spot existing for this purpose versus going to a stranger's home. I really like it too.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Last year the sizing changed for all of the Santa Anas. There is now a 165, which I’m thrilled to try because I always felt between sizes with the 161 and 168 or 169, whatever it was.
Well, then you should try these in a 165. I liked the Santa Anas 93 in a 161 as well as the Sheeva 9. The 165's would be too long for me. A bit stiffer ski but would have purchased (probably over the Sheevas) but found the screaming deal on the Sheeva 9's so bought them.

jbird

Diva in Training
Last year the sizing changed for all of the Santa Anas. There is now a 165, which I’m thrilled to try because I always felt between sizes with the 161 and 168 or 169, whatever it was.
Yep- exactly. They are 2021s and 165s! A great ski- I just went a different direction.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Well, then you should try these in a 165. I liked the Santa Anas 93 in a 161 as well as the Sheeva 9. The 165's would be too long for me. A bit stiffer ski but would have purchased (probably over the Sheevas) but found the screaming deal on the Sheeva 9's so bought them.

I want to retry the Santa Ana line again in all widths, just didn’t get to demo last season due to Covid. Very much looking forward to trying them again though. I was a big fan of the original 93 without metal, and I believe they backed off of the metal with this version as well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly