• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Where to go?

NEAri

Certified Ski Diva
Due to some work scheduled travel, I find myself in a position to hit up a ski trip between April 14th and 22nd… but I am unsure of where I should head… I’m not a huge fan of spring slus

I’ve been looking at Whistler Blackcomb, Mammoth, Alta / LCC, and Breckinridge. I’m curious on thoughts and suggestions. I’m from Vermont, so my normal spring skiing is Killington.

Thanks,

Arianna

Jilly

Staff member
Whistler is closing April 18th. Blackcomb closes later. You will have to download most likely, as the base area will be grass.

chasinghorizons

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
At Mammoth, only way to avoid the slush will be to get out right at lift opening, and stop skiing by 11 (maybe sooner depending on temps).

Edited to note that some skis are really fun in spring slush... maybe time to add to your quiver? :wink:

NEAri

Certified Ski Diva
All good info - I will admit that I’m not sure I’m up for a flight to Alyeska. Is there anywhere else that might have some cold temps and non-slushy snow? :smile:

marzNC

Angel Diva
Too late for Alta. 7-day operations close on April 17. Given the low snowpack and warm weather expected in the next week or so, won't be the best spring skiing. I'm having fun at Alta, but that's because I'm with friends and know what to expect and where to go during late season.

Same story with Snowbird. Plus the tram is going out of service after April 4 to replace the tram cabins.

Chuyi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I agree with Alyeska. Vail is open til may 1. But Idk what their snowpack is like. A-Basin Pallavicini bowl does not see sun so it stays great. I haven't skied the new A-Basin chair. Solitude announced closing date may 1 but snowpack is not good. Brighton has not announced closing date yet coverage is good.

Ski Sine Fine

Angel Diva
I’ve skied at Breck mid to late April a couple of times. Snow was plentiful. Conditions were really dependent on temperature. Frozen corduroys in the morning but softened quickly. Very little crowd. Last April was more winter conditions than Spring. I’ll probably be there after tax season again.

NEAri

Certified Ski Diva
I ended up landing on Mt. Bachelor. I'm flying out there on the 13th and it looks like I might have timed things well. They seem to be getting a ton of fresh snow over the last week and over the next week. Here's hoping they groom well... my east-coast ice/rock skis might not like all that fluffy stuff! :smile:

Chuyi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
They groom well. Most of the mountain is groomed. Once the storm clears u should be able 2 ski the summit. Skyliner is broken & will not be fixed until summer. Northwest chair is steepest but lower in altitude so it may not have good coverage. If they open the back of the summit (powder heaven after storm) make sure u find a ski buddy who knows the area so u don't miss the cat track 2 get back. Enjoy⛷️

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
Aspen/Snowmass closes on 4/24.
We are in the middle of a snowy week.
Aspen base 56" Snomass.base 83"
After this stormy week, there will be more than plenty!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly