• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: Where to do you suggest I sell Skier's Edge?

Skiat

Diva in Training
I have loved my Skier's Edge and retrofitted it to and QS5 with a brand new power band but have an injury that is preventing my usage. I'd like to find a place to sell it as it's in excellent condition. Live in the Atlanta area and don't have to boxes for shipping.DSCN1299.JPG Any suggestions?
Thanks!

marzNC

Angel Diva
Hello! Sorry to hear you have to sell because of an injury.

You might try the local craigslist first. There are certainly skiers in Atlanta. Shipping is a major cost to if you can find a local buyer, that would be better.

Skiat

Diva in Training
I purchased the belts 1 year ago and they have not even been broken in - brand new! My injury began about that time. So far, not much success with Craigslist but will definitely leave it there...

altagirl

Staff member
Years ago, I sold mine on eBay - and actually shipped it from Utah to Georgia (which was a major hassle, but I got nearly what I paid for it in the sale, so it was worth it.)

But I'd agree that I'd definitely start with Craigslist to try to avoid shipping to start.

Skiat

Diva in Training
Did you have the original boxes? If not, how did you manage? (I've moved too many times, otherwise, would have the boxes.) Thank you for the insight!

altagirl

Staff member
Did you have the original boxes? If not, how did you manage? (I've moved too many times, otherwise, would have the boxes.) Thank you for the insight!

No, definitely didn't have a box for it. (I'm not sure we ever had a box, as we bought it straight from the company and they are, or at least were, local.) And it was too heavy to ship by normal USPS or Fedex - I had to use like a freight shipper instead. I believe I took a number of cardboard boxes and cut them up to essentially wrap it in cardboard and foam wrap underneath.

Skiat

Diva in Training
Ah got it! I did not ever want to take mine apart when I moved, just loaded into the truck each time. But never shipped it without my household items. That would be a challenge to be sure. I am guessing the buyer covered shipping cost on top of purchase price then?

altagirl

Staff member
Ah got it! I did not ever want to take mine apart when I moved, just loaded into the truck each time. But never shipped it without my household items. That would be a challenge to be sure. I am guessing the buyer covered shipping cost on top of purchase price then?

I can't even remember how that worked - I know when I sell some things I include "free" shipping but include it in the base price and other times shipping is extra. I think it cost close to $100 to ship, but I think he paid over $600 for it and it made sense however I did it.

altagirl

Staff member
Also - mine didn't have the hand rail/upper portion - you just had to balance on it. Though I'm assuming that comes off for shipping.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Er, out of curiosity - how much are you selling it for? Does it use ski boots or regular shoes?

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Is anyone familiar with the Helix lateral trainer? It's like an elliptical but the motion is side to side. It's supposed to be great for hockey training, which makes me think it'd be good for skiers too. I'm thinking of getting one. The nice thing is that it has only a 3' x 4' footprint. The only con is the price.

va_deb

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Is anyone familiar with the Helix lateral trainer? It's like an elliptical but the motion is side to side. It's supposed to be great for hockey training, which makes me think it'd be good for skiers too. I'm thinking of getting one. The nice thing is that it has only a 3' x 4' footprint. The only con is the price.

@VickiK I'm not but it sounds interesting, especially with a smaller footprint. Maybe start a new post so it has its own subject line and more people will see it?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna