• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Where should I go for spring break in April?

Steggie

Diva in Training
I am a Michigan skier and would like to try it skiing out west for my first time. I ski solid blues, no blacks for me. Where should I go for my first west ski experience?

marzNC

Angel Diva
Welcome! I'm completely biased for assorted reasons, but I'm sure you would have a great time at Alta in April. So will a few other Divas. Happy to show you around if the timing is right. I'll be there for a couple weeks. Closing Day is April 18.

I skied Alta as an intermediate and loved it. My daughter was an intermediate as a tween and Alta Ski School lessons help moved her to the advanced level after a few spring break trips. Our home regions is the southeast.

BReeves215

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I’m headed to Alta April 4-11 with my teenage son, really looking forward to connecting IRL with @marzNC and possibly other divas/friends. I know I’m incredibly lucky to be headed anywhere at this point. I’ve only skied Alta once before as a day trip from Deer Valley in the mid-90s but it was one of those powder days you dream about

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
So much to choose from! I'm an Eastern skier with some experience out west, but there are others with a lot more; Nonetheless, I think you'd do well at Breckenridge, which seems to have a ton of intermediate terrain. Steamboat might be good, too: 40% of the mountain is termed intermediate.

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

marzNC

Angel Diva
Steamboat might be good, too: 40% of the mountain is termed intermediate.
I agree that Steamboat is a great first experience out west. I had a good time during a short ski vacation back in the 1990s when a friend invited me at the last minute. However, Steamboat is at relatively low elevation for Colorado. Not sure the snow is that great by April. It's great for a family ski vacation during school winter break though.

Tony Crocker has been tracking snow conditions and snow depth for quite a while. Here are his recommendations for families who are restricted to school holidays for planning ski vacations to western destination resorts.

http://www.bestsnow.net/fam_ski.htm

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna