• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

When to turn your heat on in New England: A decision guide

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
We got an e-mail on Thursday from the company that installed 2 heat pumps in our house last spring. They indicated that when outdoor temperatures hit -13F, heat pump efficiency drops to nothing; in fact, they start blowing cold air, and then they shut off. We shut ours off at 3 p.m. Friday, when the temperature here hit -15. Back to woodstove and fossil fuels - but only for 2 days.

shadoj

Angel Diva
I drink iced coffee all year 'round in MN. Warm stuff at DivaEast was completely unusual!

Vermont was a natural draw, as our temps and sense of humor in MN seem to have a bunch of overlap :smile:

altagirl

Staff member
I drink iced coffee all year 'round in MN. Warm stuff at DivaEast was completely unusual!

Vermont was a natural draw, as our temps and sense of humor in MN seem to have a bunch of overlap :smile:
Same - iced coffee year round for me. And LOL, our thermostat is at 64. 65! So extravagant!

That said, haha, I work from home most days and wear a big floofy blanket belted around my waist for most of the winter. Not just a sweater.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna