• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

When season ends, how long does it take you to put away your ski stuff?

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm still working on mine.

I live about three hours from where I ski and teach. I do a 6-month rental up there. Essentially, I live in two places during winter, traveling from one to the other back and forth every week. I stock up the rental to suit my living needs. My car gets a lot of mileage. Then at end of season, I bring it all home. LOTS OF STUFF!

Plus, my season ends with a week long trip out west. I take everything I need, then bring it home and pile it on top of the condo stuff I've brought back.

All this ski stuff needs to be put away at the end of the season. I procrastinate. I'm still working on it.

My dining room has been filled with ski stuff since mid-April. I've worked on it several days between then and now, but today may be the day that I get most of it put somewhere. SOMEWHERE.

How big a deal is putting away your ski stuff? Is everyone done but me?

mustski

Angel Diva
We procrastinate also. The summer wax will happen slowly but surely but the laundry will probably wait until September this year. I do not have my own machines in the Big Bear house and have had some issues with the local laundromat. I will probably wait until we get back into our Oceanside house and then do all the laundry.

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I stopped by mid April and am still working on stuff. Just washed a jacket today and still have a shell to do. All my skis still need their summer wax.

Jilly

Staff member
Washed suits last weekend. Skis are still laying on the floor in the bedroom at the cottage. Waiting for handiguy to get to the new rack. I need to wash my liners. They haven't been done ever for these boots. Rest of the clothes are put away.

I guess it would be different if I knew I was heading out to ski again, but not on my summer schedule.

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I put summer wax on the skis and had everything away a few days after my last day on snow, which was April 19. That's mostly because I can't keep mountain bike and ski stuff out and accessible at the same time without total clutter-chaos in my very small house.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
My skis are waxed and put away, but the clothing is still waiting..........

mustski

Angel Diva
[QUOTE="Jilly, post: 389829, member: 34" I need to wash my liners. They haven't been done ever for these boots.
[/QUOTE]

Was it ... am I misunderstanding you? You wash your boot liners?

Jilly

Staff member
Yup. My feet sweat something fierce even in winter and cold temps. So I wash the liners out. But these boots have not been done yet since I bought them. No, that's not right, I had to wash one last fall as I found bird seed in one. Rodents at the cottage.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Ski jackets and pants were dropped off at TEC (Technical Equipment Company) in Truckee in April after last ski day at Mt Rose. They clean, waterproof, repair, whatever and are awesome.... About $30 each item if insulated and $20 for shells.... dropped off 3 pants and 3 jackets and was told to pick up whenever.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Ski jackets and pants were dropped off at TEC (Technical Equipment Company) in Truckee in April after last ski day at Mt Rose. They clean, waterproof, repair, whatever and are awesome.... About $30 each item if insulated and $20 for shells.... dropped off 3 pants and 3 jackets and was told to pick up whenever.

That’s awesome! I wonder if this type of thing exists anywhere around me, have never looked into it..

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
They do an excellent job and clean sleeping bags, tents, etc. Also, they said no hurry to pick up clothes , just wait until next time in Tahoe! Recently read on pugski that many of the tahoe skiers take their stuff there as well. We've been going there for years! Forget the nikwax and all the stuff to do to clean, waterproof. For $30 each item it's so worth it to me!

Christy

Angel Diva
We don't have an "away." We have a small house and everything has a place that it lives full time. Storage wax went on the skis right away but they're in the same spot they always are in the basement.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I haven't done anything yet. I should get to it. Yeah I've never washed my boot liners either, @mustski.

My new boots are packing out already. I feel more lateral movement than I like when I'm in them. It's only been about 15 days.

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I never wash my boot liners. I sweat in them, but there's no odor so no need to wash.
Have no idea why there's no odor, but maybe it's because I never miss drying them out at night after skiing.

racetiger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My clothes were washed and everything put in the ski bag behind my bedroom door a week or so after my last day. The skis got waxed a couple weeks after that. They dont have an away. They lean agains the wall in the corner of my bedroom. I go and touch them sometimes and tell them only 5 months to go......

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I dry mine out as soon as I take them off and warm them up before putting on !

mustski

Angel Diva
My new boots are packing out already. I feel more lateral movement than I like when I'm in them. It's only been about 15 days.
That was ALWAYS my problem. Boot Doc liners did solve it. They only cost about $250 and they don’t stiffen the flex. I avoided zip fit because I didn’t want a stiffer flex. Also, since Boot Doc is custom foamed to your foot, and your boot shell, they do take up volume.

mustski

Angel Diva
They do an excellent job and clean sleeping bags, tents, etc. Also, they said no hurry to pick up clothes , just wait until next time in Tahoe! Recently read on pugski that many of the tahoe skiers take their stuff there as well. We've been going there for years! Forget the nikwax and all the stuff to do to clean, waterproof. For $30 each item it's so worth it to me!

Hmmm. That might be worth a summer camping trip to Tahoe!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly