• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

When parent and kid are both done

Sheena

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
OMG, I have been almost there more than once in parenting. LOLOL.
The closest I have been is standing by one of my kids as the sat crying hysterically on the patio at my local ski hill because it was time to go home. If I didnt have two pairs of kids skis and my own in my arms already......

marzNC

Angel Diva
so glad i am so done with this stage! And now the teen is teaching these littles to ski! Great birth control!!!

My mountain is more of a hill, lol. I'm at Ski Wentworth in Nova Scotia.
Ah, Nova Scotia is a beautiful place! Only been there in the summer and it's been a long time.

My home mountain is in Northern Virginia, a couple hours west of Washington, DC. It was a great place for my daughter to learn. Also for my friends' kids . . . and the mothers who were interested in taking lessons at the same time.

Peaheartsmama

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Lol. ;) it’s just me and 2 kids too. My solution to this was a jogging stroller to and from the hill. Looked really odd but carried all our things (with a rolling ski bag in tow with a mommy hook!) plus I could put a child on top of everything and still pushed like a dream. We are so tired at the end of a ski day. I still use it on days when I know the parking lot is far.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Ah, memories. A long, long time ago----3 year old 3 p.m. meltdown. Classic pic in our archives. No, he hadn't fallen. He just THREW himself down on the snow.

Attachments

• FastFoto_3814_a.jpg
    FastFoto_3814_a.jpg
    321.3 KB · Views: 10

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
@MaineSkiLady … i have a picture of both my kids crying with ice cream and candy in front of them because SOMETHING had not gone exactly the way they wanted.

It’s one of my favorite pictures, because it’s so hilarious in hindsight, and reminds me that in parenting their BIG personalities, I may have to shift my perspective to “get” theirs.

(They ate it ALL. It’s also possible that my breaking into gales of laughter while they cried was NOT helpful… oh well)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gilly1965